Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Convert your Bubble App into a Native App (iOS & Android)

Hey @hiyspyservices

Yes all the features offered by the natedogg wrapper are directly integrated inside your bubble workflows, it’s very easy to use.
His wrapper don’t support admob at the moment unfortunately and I agree it could be a very interesting feature to have native ads @natedogg

There’s a wrapper called nativator.io and this one offered admob support at a moment so it may still be the case.

If you want to monetize your bubble app?

You can check a tutorial I just wrote about interstitial ads here.
I’ll soon add explanations for more ad type & providers with better CPM

1 Like

First, thank you for the response! I looked at your tutorial and it looks like exactly what I was thinking about with Ads. I’ll have more questions but I’ll add it to your tutorial!

1 Like

Cool I’m glad it helped you

1 Like

Hey there @natedogg,

I just bought the plugin and am going to get the app wrapped soon. One thing, you mention on the documentation that this can be used to log a user in. The bubble workflow requires an email and password, how do I present that information for bubble to use to login?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hey @natedogg ,

This plugin looks great! I’m looking to create a digital loyalty stamp card app for my business and am currently basing it around scanning a barcode via your plugin to claim a stamp. What would be great however is if we could read NFC tags instead as Apple now give support for this.

Are there any plans on introducing this feature? It’s something I think could be popular for many apps.

Cheers,

Daniel

Hi @ben4!

We don’t technically replace Bubble’s login/signup Workflows that require an email and password, but we do have the option to allow your Users to Sign in with Apple, which can be used to allow your customers to log in without having to type in an email or password. We have a guide on how to do that in our documentation. If you have any questions about it, please feel free to reach out!

Hey @daniel16! Thanks for the feature request! We’re still probably a couple months from our next big update, but I’ll add this to the list for us to look into!

1 Like

Hey @natedogg,

I have another question, hopefully this is easy.

I have a text element that when clicked a file is downloaded. I don’t seem to be able to do this in the test app, is that expected? What can I do to solve this?

Any ideas?

Benjamin

Hi @ben4!

How do you typically have your Users download the file? Do you typically take them to the URL of the file, or is there a Workflow step/plugin that you use?

Hello Nate, do you still use the bubble in qoins? I ask this because you are a company that grew a lot and used the bubble at the beginning, so I would be happy to know if you are still using the bubble.

Hi @machadoa953, we do indeed still use Bubble for Qoins, although it’s mostly for our backend now :slightly_smiling_face:

They download the file by clicking a text element that the workflow triggers a file download.

Hey @ben4! Send me a PM and let’s talk through your specific use case. I’m confident that you can accomplish that with our service, but want to get some more information.

Well I certainly like how easy it was to setup. However, I ran into an error on my login screen trying to use Google Auth. When I load it into your test flight app and click on the google auth link Google gives me an error, according to stackoverflow.com the issue is google does not like webview useragents and wants you to emulate a browser, I am not sure if the Codeless Academy is able to do that from within TestFlight?

Or is there another solution?

Thanks,
Erik

Hey @lindquisterik1! Great question.

You are correct, we don’t officially support Google Auth within our native apps, as Google doesn’t allow it to happen within WebViews. However, some of our customers have been able to successfully figure out workarounds with using our solution. Here’s one example:

So while it’s something that we aren’t really able to offer support on, it does seem that there are ways to get it working!

2 Likes

Sorry, that is amazing to me. Why is this not simply resolved by properly emulating say a Mozilla browser, which would also meet Facebook and LinkedIn’s Oath2 requirements?

And given that I would prefer users use Google, FB, or LI as their login proxy, there is no password to be stored or hacked.

So not sure why it is not in your best interest to change the brwoser setting from useragent to moxilla???

Erik

Hi @lindquisterik1,

Any mobile WebView is prohibited, not just non-Mozilla browsers. In addition to that, iOS has more limitations on how you can actually change that. For example, even Chrome on iOS uses Apple’s native WKWebView.

And while adjusting the user agent could potentially trick the services into working, there’s a couple reasons why we wouldn’t do that:

1. It’s a bit hacky, and could cause unexpected consequences. For instance, if we changed a user agent string to trick a page into thinking it’s being viewed on a desktop, what happens if it causes unintended issues with a User’s plugins used in their app, or something else?
  2. Getting caught doing that would surely lead to that app being taken down from the store and/or banned. If Google reviewed your app and saw that you were using Google Auth in an unintended way, it wouldn’t be good.

We don’t support this right now, but it’s on our list to work on in the future. In the meantime, there are some workarounds as I mentioned above.

Dumb question:

We know Google Auth works on an iPhone and Android device, so how do we build native apps from Bubble that use Google Auth?

As I recall my recommendation is the one that is on the Google Auth webpage, and there are 4 other options, one might be to meet the Apple requirements.

When I get a few minutes, I will check and send you the link, if you don’t have it handy.

Erik