Converting a List element to a text field to pass to a RG or a popup

Hi

A newbie in Bubble here that is making progress but also getting stuck a lot.

I have tried all the tutorials I could find on lists and repeating groups and find none fit exactly what I am trying to do. I also find that unless I construct my search query in specific ways based on prior knowledge of how Bubble works for what I am trying to do, which I don’t have, the results I get back are not the ones I’m looking for or they are starting 2 or 3 steps ahead and I have no idea how they got there.

Here is my use case:

1. Datatype - My Hives
    • Hive Name
    • List of Clients
    • List of Coaches
  2. In a RG, when Current User is in List of Clients for a given Hive Name, display the Hives the Current User has joined, along with the eMails of the Coaches who joined the same Hives.

So I am able to retrieve that info and display it correctly in the RG.

My next step, where I have been stuck for the past few days, is to use each Coach eMail address (which even if only one Coach matches to the Client in a Hive is still part of a List, and hence not available to me for a search operation) to do a search of the Users datatype for that Coach so I can display their profile and the services they offer.

To do that, I am thinking I need to convert the Coach eMail address into a text field, and either in another RG on the page, or via a Popup, do a User search based on that eMail to display their Profile information to the Client.

I keep getting stuck by the fact this is a list and I am trying to pass it to a text field. I tried formatting the List as a Text for the display in the RG and then tried to access that in another RG, but the only thing I can see to access in the second RG is List of My Hives from the first RG and not the contents of the field where I converted the List of Coach eMails into text.

So I am going in circles and have no idea how I solve this or what to try next.

Is this possible to be done? And if so, how?

Thanks
Larry

This topic was automatically closed after 69 days. New replies are no longer allowed.