Converting Word doc for use in Text Element

I have a privacy policy and terms of service in the form of MS Word documents.

I want to incorporate their text into pages of my app. The formatting is simple, with document title bold and centered, section headings bold throughout and everything left justified except the document title.

I don’t have any idea of the best way to incorporate these into pages of my app. It seems that some sort of conversion from Word into HTML might be a start. I took one pass at that and there was so much MS formatting, styling and other garbage that I don’t know what to do with it.

If I had the right simple HTML, I’m not sure if I should store it as a text field in a data type or embed it directly in a text element on the page.

Any guidance for how to go from Word docs to app pages would be greatly appreciated.

Look at cloudconvert API

Hi @laurence, Bubble has a free Rich Text Input plugin. An easy way to do this is to save your Word document as a Rich Text document and open that file up in notepad or whatever text editor your computer comes with.

Then it’s a simple matter of copy and pasting the content into a Rich Text Input and saving it to a text field. It may take some formatting to get it exactly how you had it in Word but it shouldn’t be too much.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.