Cookies are disabled

Hi All,

I am having an issue with cookies on mobile devices,

I have built a sign-up app which i have i-framed into my joomla website, all works fine except for mobile devices i get an annoying “Oops, Your browser seems to have cookie disabled” message when clicking a button.

Cookies are not disabled.

See image

@emmanuel

I’ve run into to this issue before. It’s caused by safari’s policy for dealing with cookies of third party domains - by default safari blocks an iframe from setting any cookies unless the user has visited the embedded website before outside of an iframe

2 Likes

Ahh, makes sense

Any way around it? i guess i could just send users to a web-app for signing up.

Did you ever solve this? I used redirects to solve this on my wordpress site.

1. I created a blank page on wp with a javascript redirect in the head of the page (I used digital liberation’s plugin for script in head)
  2. Also created a blank page in bubble with a similar js redirect to the final destination ( You can use when page is loaded and navigation workflows instead) I prefer the js redirect with window.location.replace, so you can prevent the redirect from showing in history

I timed the redirects for 1 second. Does anyone know when (how quick) cookies are saved to the browser? 1 second is not fast enough ideally for me. I’d love to try out a bunch of different milliseconds, but I don’t have full time access to a safari browser.