Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Copy to clipboard - Including spaces within the text?

Hi,

Having a copy to clipboard workflow that copies (dynamic) text - which works greatly, whereas it copies the text excluding empty lines within the text.

Could coping “original” text be possible to copy to clipboard?

(Air copy to clipboard plugin by @ZeroqodeSupport @ZeroqodeTeam)

Thanks!

Hi @conesult ,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please share a bit more details like screenshots/screencast of your app design and workflows, as well as preview results so we can see how to reproduce this on our side. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Here you can see the workflow.

and here you can see editors mode:

Same as this text here which you read right now - has spaces between lines, the text that user should copy to clipboard - has the same, but once you paste in the workflow - spaces are compressed.

Thanks!

Hi @conesult ,

Thanks for the feedback. We can see that the plugin is outdated on your side, unfortunately. But no worries because you can simply upgrade it in the Plugins tab and give it a try again.

However, if this issue still persists on your end, could you please show exactly how to reproduce it (a screencast will be helpful a lot).

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,

As plugin updated, all existing texts that uses copytoclipboard plugin has been erased, lucky me there were only 4 at repetitive group and 4 at one page, so easy to find once the missing part after the update is noticable.

On the other hand, my previous question that led us here is not solved, i.e. once text is copied to clipboard, who single text is in a single line, looks useless to copy, and to read - looking at condensed text more than a paragraph.

Hi @conesult ,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, we tried to reproduce this issue on our side but with no luck. The plugin works as expected.

Could you please tell us what browser and OS you are using to develop your app? Also, it would be great to share a screencast of your Preview to actually see how it behaves on you side. These details will help us further to solve the issue.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi,

Windows, (probably don’t have anything to do with it), and Chrome as browser, same as majority of browser-users?

Don’t know what else to show you with the video, you can see on the screenshot clearly what it is about, and as you can understand the problem via text, you can try on your end, and play with it.

i.e. “problem” within the plugin is clear as sky, it’s up to you to find the way around.

Now is like one line input (for copy to clipboard), make it as multiline input? :wink:

My current solution is to make the text small, so it’s appropriate to have it in one line altogether.

Hi @conesult ,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes you are right, most of the browser users are using Chrome, but we need to know the exact details because sometimes the plugin behaves properly in Safari, but not Chrome, or vice-versa, or in a different browser at all.

The screenshot and the editor helps us see the app setups, but we do not know how exactly it behaves on preview on your side which bothers you, because everything is ok on ours. Which is why we also ask our customers to provide us with a preview screencast to exactly know where the issue is. :pray:

Because otherwise, it is hard to understand where the issue is, unfortunately.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,

I am interested if you understand what is the issue with the plugin, stated above, previously?

It seems you are still searching for the point of what is the issue.

Are you saying that you can paste this text here, of this very Reply, into plugin, and copy to clipboard exactly the text as it is, including (with emphasize) those empty spaces (lines), between text lines?

Thanks!

Yes @conesult , this is what we are actually saying, it behaves normally on our side, with not spaces being compressed (if we are doing it correctly, which means it may not be clear on the issue). But in order to be sure that we are trying to reproduce it correctly on our side, we ask for a screencast from your app preview so we can see the exact steps (what button to click, where to copy the text, what text, when the issue occurs etc.) to follow in order to reproduce it.

These details will help us investigate further with our developers as well. Otherwise, it would be difficult to provide help, unfortunately.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

For me now it works as well, as I found the way, mentioned above, previously.

If you are curious to make the plugin more toward perfection, PM me, so that we can schedule a video meeting, compared here to go back and forth, while saving time for all, i.e. explaining later on what was the issue and the update for all (if that is the case).

Thanks for the understanding!

Best wishes, Toni

Thanks @conesult for cooperation! We’ll take it into account.

We’re glad it is working on your side now.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Solution to copy text even with spaces between lines - would be to have a Multiline input where a text will be as Initial Content, and using the plug in respectively to copy from the Multiline input.