:count is missing?

Awesome. Thanks so much. Those always take way longer than you think so wasn’t looking forward to it.

1 Like

I understand. Was just saying that I was seeing the issue that @mikeloc mentioned (where it didn’t matter what the attribute name was), not the issue that you mentioned

So if you add a brand new attribute, with a name you’ve never used before, of type number… it still gives the issue?

If so, then there are definitely multiple bugs at play here…

Yup, that’s what I saw.

Yeah, that’s weird… (at least the bug I’m seeing is explainable)…

Hopefully they can fix both issues in one go (actually, there must be at least 3 bugs here, as the opposite is also true - i.e. attributes that have the names of certain other built-in option set properties can’t be accessed in the editor).

1 Like

In the bug report, I told them to read this whole thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I somewhat retract what I said.
I tried this again and found that when I create a number type attribute with a random string name i.e. “asdf” that I have never used before and I get the :count as expected.

If I create an attribute called “count” of type number and then change the name to something else, the error persists. I think bubble uses the original name as a pointer to the unique id or something to that effect so changing the name doesn’t undo the bug. If you start with a non confusing name (i.e. “asdf”) then it seems to work fine.

1 Like

I could have sworn I tested that scenario and still saw the bug, but I honestly can’t remember at this point, and I don’t want to put any more thought into this one. :slight_smile:

That being said, I got a reply to the bug report, and they said they have reproduced the behavior and have escalated to the engineering team for their assessment. Stay tuned…

3 Likes

Thanks Mike

FYI… Bubble has pushed a fix for this one for attributes created going forward.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this mike. Much appreciated

1 Like