Create and modify new things from Repeating Group

Hello! I am working on a project and my goal is to create a multi-dropdown selector that displays different technician names. Based on the selected technicians, I want to modify various attributes such as the number of technicians assigned and whether they will work for a half-day or full-day.

I’ve successfully created a repeating group to display the technician names, but I’m having trouble figuring out how to save each technician and their associated attributes to the database. Since all the technicians are stored in a repeating group, I am unsure how to proceed with saving each technician’s information individually.

I considered using a loop to create a new item in the database for each technician in the repeating group. The loop would iterate through each item in the list, and for each item, it would save the corresponding technician data. However, I can’t figure out how to reference the inputs inside each repeating group cell to achieve this. Please see the video attached to understand this further, thanks!

Hello @hey :wave:

Hope we can help you out here. Hmm :thinking:

Can you save the data when you add the technician or when you check the checkbox?

Instead of trying to access it from outside the repeating group. Would that help?

I can do that but the thing is that I want to add more stuff, for example, through that input, so my issue here more than creating a new thing is accessing that Input

To access the input, right click on the input and choose ‘Create/Edit Workflow’. Would that help?