Create IIF files to import data into Quickbooks

Hey @eric10 ,

I’m picking up what you are putting down. Lou is telling you you can use the Quickbooks API to create a plugin. If you are interested into reading about how Bubble plugins work, you can check out their docs here. However, it sounds like this is not within your wheelhouse, which is more than understandable. Bubble creates an interesting diversity of users in that it offers development tools for non-programmers but also draws the programmers as well, creating more than entertaining discourse when it comes to these topics.

A plugin would be ideal, and it is something you could consider pursuing in the long-term. It would require some study, but its nothing someone like yourself who went out of their way to learn Bubble, a self-learner, couldn’t figure out. There are a lot of resources out there about how to build plugins. But for the time being I think there are other options for you here.

I did a quick google search for “convert csv to iff file” and found this tool. which converts CSVs to IFFs. In this case, you can set up an “Export as CSV File” function in Bubble (here is a thread on that) and here is another potential resource on exporting. You could export the file as any number of file types but CSV is a safe bet for what you are doing I’d say. Then you’d manually convert the file and upload it into your Quickbooks. Mind the format requirements though, which it sounds like you already have.

You can set it up so that you either:

• Manually export the CSV file via a button. i.e. set up a button that triggers an “Export file as CSV”
  • Set up an automated/timed reminder to download/email of the download.
  • I’m sure there are other options but those are what come to mind here.

If you really want to get into the automation, I have a feeling you can find an automation workflow using a tool like Zapier to connect your Bubble app and your Quickbooks account. They’re pretty good at those things.

Best of luck!

1 Like