Creating a generic browse template page which populates based on links clicked from elsewhere

Hi All,

This may be a silly question or something I’ve just overlooked, but I can’t seem to find much on the topic here on the forum so thought I’d have a go at asking.

I’m trying to create a “browse” page for an ecommerce application. The idea is that the browse page has a repeating group which populates products / has filters etc.

I’m trying to set it up such that I can create links elsewhere in the website which would go to this browse page and render a subset of all available products.

For example, if you click on a button / link “Shop Womens Clothing”, I’d like the user to be directed to the browse page which displays a subset of all the products in the database, namely Gender = Women & type = clothing.

Have tried doing a search for products, applying constraints as relevant and then sending the data to the browse page…but that sends a list of products to the browse page, which is incompatible with the page type being “product” (not list of products). I can’t seem to find a way to send the list of products to the repeating group within the browse page…and feel like I’m missing something basic here.

Can’t figure out how best to make this happen, and I’m sure it’s been done a thousand times already so if there’s anyone out there with insights on this, that would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.