Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Creating mobile apps

Hey Emmanuel, any updates here? Just curious if you’re still on track with the mobile updates.

I can’t commit on a hard deadline here, but it’s for the fall, early winter I think.

We recently pushed a change that will make this easier. You can now create custom states on some elements instead of creating a field on the user. See the reference.

1 Like

Sounds good, thanks Emmanuel.

Hey Emmanuel,
Curious - Any update on the native app development timelines ? Keenly looking forward to it.
Cheers,
Gaurav

We’ve been pushing this back a little bit, and have been focusing on performance, reliability and business stuff. Early winter is probably reasonable, but we can’t commit to that yet.

Any news on this? I’m trying to do a simple instagram like app, but I’ll need it to be in Android and be able to submit early next month. Is this still not possible with phonegap?

No it’s not there yet. We’ve had to push this a little bit, spring 2016 is more realistic.

Hey Joy,

I am having a hard time understanding how to do this “layer” thing. I know it is a good practice to have multiple groups on one page, but how does it actually work? Like how do you actually have multiple layers, and still able to edit each layer individually?

You use the hide able element section on the left, above the new elements palette. Once you’ve made an element not visible by default, by clicking on the checkbox at the bottom of the property editor, it’ll show up there and you can show/hide it to edit them individually.

3 Likes

Is it possible for someone using a mobile app made with bubble make a call from within the app?

I believe you can use a link element with the URL “tel:+1800229933”

2 Likes

thanks…will try that

Knock knock - any update on this ??

1 Like

So many things we all want…so little time…

3 Likes

I do understand that catering to every whim of your clientele immediately is among unrealistic expectations.
But regarding the mobile apps section - what functionality is planned to be available? Can we access the functions of the device? Camera? NFC? anything else? @emmanuel ?

We’ll have as many native features as we can, but we can’t commit much before we start exploring more the technology there. There is a bit of unknown in terms of what we can do.

1 Like

Emmanuel,

I am new to bubble and just wondering if bubble can be used to develop mobile based apps and generate apk/ipa files. Thanks in advance!

Hi @Emmanuel,
It’s been a year since the last message. Has native apps with bubble gotten anywhere?

Thanks
Steve

Doesn’t seem like it but i came across this: 10 min. to build a FREE 0$ native iOS/Android app 🔶

However, I would also love an update on where they are in-house with this. Any update @emmanuel ? :slight_smile: