Creating Multiple Things from API Result

Hello,

I am having some difficulty formatting my API result. Here is the scenario:

I currently have an API call that returns 3 separate results. I would like to create a thing for each result and display it in a repeating list. However, the workflow only allows me to create a single thing and combines all 3 results in the same line. How can I separate these out?

Ideally each result would be its own thing but I am even okay with the results combined into a single thing as long as I can separate them through line spacing.

Any ideas on how I can separate these 3 results either through formatting or by creating a separate list item for each?

Here is an example of how the API result is currently showing:

OculusVR is a virtual reality headset that allows users to experience realistic 3D environments. The headset is made up of two parts: the headset itself, which fits over your eyes, and the controller, which you use to control the environment and interact with other users. OculusVR is compatible with a range of gaming platforms, including PC, Mac, and Xbox One.,
OculusVR is a virtual reality headset that allows users to experience realistic 3D environments. It is powered by Oculus software, which allows users to create and share their own virtual reality experiences.,
OculusVR is a virtual reality headset created by Oculus VR. It allows users to experience virtual reality content by using a head-mounted display. The headset was first released in March 2016.

But I would like it to come back like (as different things or formatted like this):

1. OculusVR is a virtual reality headset that allows users to experience realistic 3D environments. The headset is made up of two parts: the headset itself, which fits over your eyes, and the controller, which you use to control the environment and interact with other users. OculusVR is compatible with a range of gaming platforms, including PC, Mac, and Xbox One.

2. OculusVR is a virtual reality headset that allows users to experience realistic 3D environments. It is powered by Oculus software, which allows users to create and share their own virtual reality experiences.

3. OculusVR is a virtual reality headset created by Oculus VR. It allows users to experience virtual reality content by using a head-mounted display. The headset was first released in March 2016.

Have you explored extracting text using expressions of bubble? I think you can extract text based on number of characters or you could even search for specific words. This will help you to split the text into chunks. And then store the data.

OPTION1: you can have data type Oculus that will have 3 fields:

1. Description 1
  2. Description 2
  3. Description 3
    After getting API response you can save the results in separate workflow actions:

OPTION2: you can have data type Oculus that will have 1 description field that would be a list. This way you can add all three texts in one workflow action.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more :v:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.