Custom CheckBoxes and Issues with connecting selections to database

Hello,
I have been stuck on this for a week. I created custom check boxes with a list of options because i was not happy with the default checkbox option. Now I am utterly incapable of linking any of these sections to the database. What I am trying to accomplish: When one or more of these check boxes are checked or “yes”. I want to add a playstyle to a list of a Users playstyles_selections… I created this checkbox using multiple “states” with yes/no to get a hover affect and and HTML element to get the actual Check mark. Is that why this is so hard?

Snip20200713_8

How’s your DB modelled?
i.e. how are the user’s selections stored? Are they individual boolean attributes, or added to a list of things, or etc

EDIT: Sorry I just reread your post and I see it in there.

A few ways to accomplish this. Simplest but most problematic for long-term upkeep is to call individual “Make Changes to thing” DB task in your workflow and set “playstyles_selections add item casual” and then set “Only When” to Your_Custom_Casual_Checkbox is checked. Call 6 of them.

A way to call it all in one is call “Make Changes to thing” and set 6 rows of additions for each of your play styles. For each one, it would like:

playstyles_selections add item Your_Custom_Casual_Checkbox is “Yes”:formatted as text

Then in the formatted as text, set the values as Casual for Yes and delete No as blank. A lot of power in setting :formatted as text on boolean values.