Custom state of an element only works on second click

Hello people so basically i am working on a single page application and in my account page i have the terms and conditions and such, now i have a custom state workflow setup where when user clicks on text terms and conditions

Now the weird thing is the account pages view does not change to no on the first click but it does when you exit the terms and conditions and click on it again here are the screenshots.

First click

Second click if you exit the terms and conditions and click on it the second time

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

I am confused with your editor and screenshots, but I think I understand the issue as I had the similar thing but I found a workaround.

You should state ACTIVE (yes/no). Default should be NO. When the state is NO, Terms and Conditions should not appear (you can set it up in conditions tab). When the ACTIVE is YES, Terms and Conditions should appear.

Set your workflow like this:

1. When the button terms and conditions is clicked (only when: ACTIVE is NO)
  • Set active to YES
  1. When the button terms and conditions is clicked (only when: ACTIVE is YES)
  • Set active to NO

Hope this helps

If this what youre talking about i have already done it

Maybe this will make it easier to understand
go to account page bottom right button
click on terms and conditions and you will see the issue, if you click on it again it doesnt happen

Oh, so your problem is that the background is not disappearing?

yep it doesnt for some reason but if you exit the terms and conditions and click on it again the background disappears

Oh, change the animation to FadeOut

You can’t have FadeIn. That will show the element again. You should use FadeOut

i removed the animation and its still the same it still shows the account page on the first click.
You can see in the preview.

This is the problem. This step. You should add one more step when the user is not logged in

1 Like

By the way, to toggle a yes/no state without complex conditionals, just use set state to ‘X’s yes/no is no’.

When X is yes, it’ll set it to no, and when X is no, it’ll set it to yes. No need for ‘only when X is yes’ etc.

1 Like

Your suggestion will save me a lot of time. I was unaware of that, even tho I was sure something like that exists. I didn’t know how to search.

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much! what a stupid mistake , i didnt even notice it.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.