Custom States Repeating Groups and Constraints

Please excuse my title as I’m not really sure how to describe the problem briefly.

I’m creating an admin dashboard for a physical security check-in station app where admins can create, add, and delete users. For creating users, I made a simple form where the admin fills out all the inputs (name, username, email, role) and checks boxes next to checkpoints to choose which posts the user has access to. There are three points of entry at every site (checkpoints) and; therefore, I created Checkpoints as a list in my User data type. I followed this tutorial for using custom states to check which Checkpoints I want to give users access to. This worked fantastically for creating a new user, but now I want to offer the ability to edit users and I’m confused about what I need to do.

Here is my user data type.

Here is the form being filled out (this is a popup).

On the dashboard page, I have a repeating group with the list of users for the site. When the end user clicks on one of the users in the list, I use the Display Data option in workflow to send the data to the popup so that it knows what data to populate.

The idea is to have boxes checked next to each checkpoint that the user currently has access to and then be able to add or subtract as necessary (set list). However, I’m really confused on what to do because there are so many variables in doing this (custom states, search for users vs checkpoints, constraints, etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Custom States setup

Set State

Only When workflow (on click)
OnlyWhen

Hi there, @bryan.beneker… if I understand your post correctly, it seems like it shouldn’t be too difficult to do what you have described. As I know a thing or two about your project, want to let me poke around under the hood a bit to see if I can help? If so, shoot a link my way (privately), and we’ll see what we can do.

Best…
Mike

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.