Daily Log Tracker

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to make an app to keep track of weather an employee has submitted a daily log, and everything I try doesn’t seem to work.

We are currently using a spreadsheet similar to this:

We save it as a pdf then reset all of the cells.

I would like to make it an app so we can look back at previous dates and run more detailed reports.

My issue is I can’t seem to wrap my head around how to structure the data for this.
My initial thought was to have a data type for Projects with fields for the project name, project, manager, and supervisor. Then display them in a repeating group with a drop down for Facebook and Daily Log to choose yes or no then have a date picker and submit button to create a new thing on a Logs data type to capture all of the data for the day. But when I go to create the workflow it won’t let me choose the drop down in the repeating group as a dynamic input.

Then I thought about scheduling a workflow to run everyday to create a thing in the Log Data Type for each project but leave the Facebook and Daily Log fields empty then I could use auto binding in a repeating group to fill them in. But I can’t figure out how to set a recurring workflow.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hey @acaudill

There are many different ways you could achieve this. If you want to avoid using a recurring workflow, you could have a button which you click once a day which generates a new log for each project and sets the status of “Facebook” and “Daily log” to “No” and would set the data of those logs as “Current date/time”. The Repeating Group would then show logs where date is today’s date. You can then use autobinding to update the values as the log already exists.

With this approach there is no need for a date picker as it would be created automatically. If you need to add logs retrospectively, you could use a date picker to manually set the date.

Hope that helps!

JT
Founder at No Code Founders

Thanks for the reply, that seems like a good approach.

What I am having trouble with is how do I create multiple entries at once. When I try this approach all of the data goes into a single line on the data type.

I am away from computer but if you need to make a line item per Project,

Either recursive work flow (slow)
Data API (instant)

I was able to figure it out with a recursive workflow.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.