Dashboard. Is it ok to use states for security?

I want to create a dashboard where someone can change their details and view various things

I have 3 types of user - charity, volunteer and business

so i was wondering if i could just set up ONE dashboard and use page states with groups that one can see - for example one group visible to volunteer (when page is loaded - set state - if user type is “volunteer”

and do the same for all 3 for the sake of having a dashboard on the same page
or is there no point and better do 3 different dashboards?

what makes more sense?
And what is more secure so lets say volunteer couldnt see the fields they shouldnt?

Various ways to do things when it comes to privacy. You could opt to use Privacy settings as well based on the user type.

You can set up custom states to show data based on the user type, but most easy is to just reference ‘current user’ that way, only the current users information will be seen. Use that in conjunction with page load workflows to direct to other pages when a user is not signed in, or add a conditional that if they are not signed in nothing on page is visible.

but most easy is to just reference ‘current user’ that way, only the current users information will be seen

can you explain how and where I do this?

if they are not signed in nothing on page is visible.

and this?

can i also ask if you know what’s the way to do a nice dashboard - i heard some use parameters?
what’s the best way and what are the options?

Thank you!

I am thinking like maybe facebook looking style dashboard hmm

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.