Hi, I’m fairly new to bubble, so if my question needs clarifying please let me know.
I am currently building a stock market dashboard. When you search for a stock symbol there are inputs that pop up below with relevant information on the stock, with a button to save the stock to a watchlist. I am using an API for most of the data, but for the name of the Stock, it is just a normal input field so you have to type the name. The problem I am having is the “Stock Name” input field is not saving along with the symbol. I will try to walk through the process below.
(1) I made a Stock Data type that has information I want to show in a repeating group. Within this data type, I have “Stock Name” which is text just like the symbol
(2) Next I created a workflow when the button is clicked to save the data. For the name, I created a new stock, chose “Stock” for the type, then set the field so the Stock name would equal the stock name input. I used the same exact process for the symbol.
(3) Here is where I get my problem. when I preview everything shows up except for the name. If you look below at the Debugger it shows that the Current cells stock’s stock name is empty
(4) When I checked the database it seems to be saving separately from the symbol.
Thank you in advance!