Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Database Calculation Step Counter

Hi all, very new to bubble and just testing its functionality. I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

I am building an app to log steps walked in December. The idea a team of us can log our steps every day and work towards a shared goal.

Current stumbling block:

I want to output the Steps left to walk, is there a way I can do this?

DB has 3 Tables:

CHALLENGE
steps

• only one bit of data stored in here, but will use more if I use future times.

STEPS
date
steps
userID

• this is where users update steps on a specific day, writing to this is working.

USER
firstname
lastname
nickname
step goal
email

• this is used for logging in

Sorry if this is a real noob question and thank you in advance for any advice.

To calculate the steps left you have get user goal steps and subtract from “Do a search” at Steps table and sum the total that user have completed.

Hi ualdir, thank you for your response.

So in the Table ‘Challenge’ I have the field ‘Steps’ which has one entry of 2,000,000. This is the number I want every step recorded by any user to be taken away from.

So from what you are saying that would be the ‘goal steps’ and then ‘do a search’ of the steps table sum and subtract. But how do I physically do it?

Many thanks.

If want a global result you can do the same get the challenge steps and subtract from sum of steps completed. You can do that using dynamic data from database, directly in the field that do you wantto show the data.

Thank you, how do I physically add all of the step entries and the subtract that from the challenge steps?