Database Changes Depending on Input values

I have a data type “Production” and I want to by means of an input box enter the “Document” (which is unique throughout the Production database) number and then make changes to a “Total” field in the same entry. When I try and realize this in the workflow bubble suggests that

any help with this will be much appreciated.

From your screenshot, and what you’ve said in your post, you’re intending to make changes to a Production…

So you need to define which Production from your database you want to make the changes to - and you do that in the ‘Thing to change’ field…

However, currently you’ve selected a list of Productions (the search results) rather than an individual production, hence the message from Bubble telling you just that.

You need to define which Production from the list you want to make the changes to - if the list contains only a single Production then you can just select the ‘First Item’ as the message indicates.

I hear you, thank you for your response, but the item in the list of Production entries that I need to select is dependent on the Input field on die design’s side’s value, the “Document No” and not the first entry, selecting first entry then, regardless of the document number(which I want as the lookup value) will change the first entry each time regardless of the document number

Hope this makes sense

Yes, it makes sense…

selecting first entry then, regardless of the document number(which I want as the lookup value) will change the first entry each time regardless of the document number

No it won’t, as you’re searching for Productions who’s Document Number IS the input’s value (unless multiple Productions can have the same Document Number, in which case you’ll need to add additional constraints to find the specific one).

But, as you mentioned in your first post that the document Number is unique to each Production, the returned search results list will only contain a single item, so just add the :First Item after the Search for Productions in the Thing To Change field i.e. Search for Productions: First item

Thank you for your time and effort
seems I was confused with the referencing part

1 Like