Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Database maintenance

I have a high-volume data type that captures detail webhook data from sendgrid. I use this data to update an email statistics data type to let our subscribers know if their emails are sent successfully, opened, buttons within the emails clicked, etc. On a daily basis I delete old data (> 3 weeks old) from the webhook data type. Question: with continuous removal of data from the webhook data type, does bubble require any type of maintenance on the table to make sure it performs optimally? Concerns of an old Oracle DBA.

Hey @parris.gjerde :wave:

Thanks for the post and cool setup! I have been meaning to build this functionality in one of my apps and haven’t gotten to it yet. Smart approach though.

To be fair, I’m not familiar with Oracle DBA or the requirements there for maintenance, but in general, you should be good to go. As long as your workflow is performing well and not eating too much of your app’s capacity each time it runs I don’t see any issues with what you’re doing!

If this gives you trouble at any point though, or if you end up with other questions, don’t hesitate to reach out and we’d be happy to help. You can get in touch by emailing [email protected]

1 Like

From an Oracle database administration perspective, I use to rebuild keys and indexes, regenerate statistics,… Looks like bubble is pretty much hands off. Wasn’t sure if the deleted records posed an issue where space should be reclaimed.

Thanks

1 Like

Got it! Yep, you should be good to go in that regard.

1 Like