Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Dead simple button with self confirmation

While building an app, two months ago, I encountered the situation where I wanted to make users to confirm when trying to delete a record. The first thing that comes to mind is a little yes/no popup with a message: “Are you sure?”. But the kind of data to delete was, to my opinion, not enough important to build a whole popup + workflows for that action. Plus, it forces the user to redirect his attention to the message and yes/no buttons.

So instead I built a little button that ask for a second click to confirm the deletion. The button appears normal, but when clicked, it changes its aspect to make it clear it is waiting for a second click. And if the button becomes “un-hovered”, it resets to the first state.

No, workflow/custom states/plugin needed!

I thought I wouldn’t be the only one in need for this, so here’s a link to an example:
Bubble editor
Bubble preview

7 Likes

Hi @julienallard1,

I will also add, I implanted an additional key that after 5 seconds, the button returns to its original level. I also like the Google approach, a black banner for 6 seconds giving the choice to ‘undo’ the situation. The kind of integration that could be an integral part of Bubble.

1 Like

Nice.

And with additional options for Transitions, the workflows would be unnecessary.

These add ons would require workflows.
But I like the idea of the undo time-out à la Google.

1 Like