Define a User Type that changes logins

Hi,

In my system, there are 2 types of Users, users that are investors and users that are founders.
The whole point is that users which are investors will navigate to a different page when logged in to founders.

In the Data section, I have added a new field - ‘User Type’ which is a static text field, determined on a particular page (a user can choose between Investor, and 2 other options (which classify them as founders).

On that page, the workflow is such as:

However, when I preview and run the app, no user type is recorded in the App Data, there is not even a column for it.

Any help appreciated!
Alex

Make sure “investor” is in quotes since it is a text data type.

Also never trust the table view of the data. Click the edit icon to see what is really going on with the row.

1 Like

@alex8 Text values (or any for that matter) do not require quotes in order to be saved. I understand that this is a programming standard, but it doesn’t apply here. If you include quotes, the value will contain quotes.

I think your problem was related to @pier2design’s point about the data view. It might not have refreshed. But use the debugger to run the workflow step by step to see what’s going on if still not saving.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.