Difficulty with dynamic drop downs

I have 3 data sources Users, Agency, Parameters, see below.

The goal is to have a bunch of dropdown menus that Users (agency members) can choose from. The dropdown menus need to contain an updatable list of things. Hence the setup. Each agency has a row in the parameter table and each agency list of parameters will differ, some more than others. Right now I am only working with Country for testing and later I will add functionality for agencies to add and remove from the list. .

My page Type is set to agency.

I set my drop down to parameter then called the agency’s parameter’s country and the result is an error.

Any idea why and how to fix it?

If the type is parameters, the source need to be agency’s parameter
You will probably need to switch to type “text” and this way you will be able to choose agency’s paramter’s country (country is a type list of text)

1 Like

i should have mentioned I tried that and the dropdown was empty

How did you set the source? Also, be sure that privacy rules allow you to see the data

@Jici publicly visable. heres what happens when it is text.
Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 1.53.11 PM

And did the current page contain a reference to an agency’s?
If you click on preview, there’s no agency set to the page. So Current page doesn’t have a thing to refer too

@Jici im running the preview on a test agency. the agecy profile image is loaded properly.

placholder

Sorry. I miss that you didn’t select the option caption. You need to set this field too

@Jici Really? to what?

To the dropdown settings. Right after Choices source. Probably to something like current value or current text. I don’t remember the label exactly but you should not have a lot of choice

quite a few actually and i cant get it working… this is confusing…

thanks btw

Just stop at current option

@Jici no luck. I just don’t get it. Everything else so far in the Bubble system makes sense but this has got me jammed.

The whole app is a snap if I can clear this

@Jici som eprogress but still not quite. I tried slip by and that didn’t do anything.

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 3.41.05 PM

No. The correct type is text and data source is current agency parameter country. Im on mobile and will check for the caption when Ill be back. Pretty sure it something like current option text

I got it!! Thank you!

1 Like