Direct input to the constraint

Hello everyone

How can I put a manual “ID” into the search? Bubble won’t let me. It wants to do a search for it. Which led to a very delayed result. 11 seconds to show the result.

ID

I believe that direct input will be faster.
Anyone any idea?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Fabian

The reason it takes longer than usual is because you are doing a nested search - you should, as much as possible, prevent this.

As far as I’m concerned, it is impossible to manually input something there.

Quick question, is your data a static? Since you have dropdown trim's value, I’m assuming you have an input as well for the car-specification-id? If so, why not use it? If you don’t have an input, maybe you should use an option set instead.

And if you don’t want to use option set, you could reference car-specification-id to a custom state. To set a value to the state and simply add a default value

There are a lot of nuances and ways to go about this as you’ve noticed.

Hope this helps,
Nino

Hi ntabs.

Thank you for your answer.

I’m trying to reference the car-specification-id from the URL get parameter but the Bubble asks for “more” and it continues forever with “more”. And about the custom state Bubble does not read it at all.

I’m assuming you have an input as well for the car-specification-id ?

No. I want to display a piece of text information based on dropdown trim’s value which changes dynamically and car-specification-id which is a static ID. Besides that I want the information to remain on the page in case the user refreshes it or goes back from another page.

more

Thank you again
Fabian

Can you show us how you structured your query for getting something from a url parameter?

I haven’t seen your DB structure but I’m guessing the reason why you’re getting errors when you use the state route is because it’s a mismatch in the data type.

parameter
parameter2

I haven’t seen your DB structure but I’m guessing the reason why you’re getting errors when you use the state route is because it’s a mismatch in the data type.

All the fields I want are in the same datatype DT-Car-Specification-Value

The first red box is car-specification-id the second red box is car-trim-id
The green boxes are the values I want to show.

Thanks