Display a list of records from a data table

I’m having trouble figuring out Bubble’s limitations. Does everything have to be attached to the user table somehow?

I would like to be able to list out records from my Actions table that has pre-populated list of Action names. These action names aren’t user specific. So there’s no connection between the action names and the user at this point.

I keep thinking I should be able to list out the Action name records from the Actions table in a repeating group, but the hours have gone by with no solution.

I would also like to be able to list out the action name records by action category which in SQL would be pretty basic but I…can’t figure it out here.

I’ve tried playing with the search for feature but that doesn’t seem to accept text strings (?)

Thanks in advance for any help.

No. You create Things (custom data types).

Just ‘cuz there’s only 1 Thing type in the database when you start your project doesn’t mean that that’s it.

I’m going to suggest that you do the tutorial lessons if you’ve not done them yet.

If you HAVE done them, do them again.

Once THAT is done, maybe just go watch any of my umpteen videos about anything.

You’ll see what it looks like to make stuff in Bubble and it might click for you.

No. You create Things (custom data types).

I’m roughly equating the custom data types to tables because they look and act very similarly…at least from a newbie perspective.

Just ‘cuz there’s only 1 Thing type in the database when you start your project doesn’t mean that that’s it.

I’ve created 2 additional data types in addition to the default user thing/data type. The actions “table” I was talking about is a data type. There are several records in the actions data type that I’ve pre-populated. My struggle is getting data out of that action data type. When I do a count of the records in it I get a “0” but on the back end there are 14 records. That’s the frustration. I’ve tried all kinds of angles to get something, anything out of it.

I’m going to suggest that you do the tutorial lessons if you’ve not done them yet.

I’ve done the tutorials. I don’t recall that they addressed this particular issue. I could be wrong. I am, as you picked up, new to this and I’ve been looking at resources for a few hours trying to figure this one out.

I’m open to any specific resources you might recommend. I’ve successfully created repeating groups, filters, and so forth…I’m just stuck on this one.