Displaying .MOV video files using various video plugins

Yes, first option, add that #t=0.1 directly after your dynamic bubble stuff but before the end quotes.
I think it will look like this for you…

If the video is still blank then try increasing the value.

2 Likes

You are awesome! Thank you so much!

Not a problem, your welcome.
Hopefully it will help @unscripted.app because we highjacked his post!
Sorry @unscripted.app!!

1 Like

@davidm Hi, I’m still wandering the same place, is this problem already solved? I’m still trying to rename MOV → mp4 after the file is uploaded.

Hey so i just implemented this in my app and came across another problem…my app is similar to instagram and when i created a post with a video and it played just fine. However, if i create a second post, neither one of them will play.

I think that might be because all your video id’s and class names are all the same. Do you by any chance have the HTML inside a repeating group cell? If so, you might need to add something like ‘current cells index’ to the end of those names to keep everything unique, if that makes sense.

Yes I do have it in a RG. Ok I will try that.

I’m not sure how to make it work.

can you paste the code you’re using?

try this, hopefully you’ll see what I did

1 Like

It’s looking good. Thank you so much. Are you using this for yourself, too? I’m just curious to know if you are going to keep working it for other improvements. for example, getting the height of the element to shrink with the video. It already expands. Also maybe extracting info from the file to display on-screen.

No problems.
I have a used a version of something like this in a chat system before, more of a type of forum really I put together some time back. I didn’t plan on doing too much else to it but I can try to get some file info out for you. I’ll have a play later on.

hello @pork1977gm

I was wondering and hoping that I can ask for another capability to this HTML element? I was wondering if it were possible to have the video automatically play when in view port and then stop when out of viewport? Pretty much like instagram. Is that something you can do and would have time for?

thanks,

Sure, check the link again now. I’ve added another HTML element outside the RG with a little Jquery that will stop each video from playing as it falls outside the viewport.

It uses ‘isInViewport.js’ which just seems to do the job perfectly.

1 Like

@hej provides a good solution above (i.e. just rename .mov to .mp4).

I’m not saying it will always work but I have yet to find a video for which it doesn’t.

I’m using the Zeroquode S3 uploader to get the video files to S3 and Video.js to play the videos.

When a video is uploaded I:

• rename the S3 URL created by the zeroquode plugin using the bubble find (mov) and replace (mp4) feature
  • use an AWS Lambda function triggered by changes to S3 bucket to do a similar find and replace on the S3 object (i.e. video) name

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi

I didnt mange to find a way to rename the file on the server yet, but it looks like you did?
Can you tell me what an “AWS Lambda function” is?

Thanks
Rune

When you say “server”, are you talking bubble server or AWS?

AWS Lambda. Just google it. AWS explains it better than I can.

claro - thanks :slight_smile:

@pork1977gm Thank you so much!