Do a search , filter records based on another table

Hi,
I have a data type called “Templates” . This data type has a field that is linked to another data type called “Companies”. The “Companies” data type has a field called “companytype” . This could be a “buyer”, “Seller” or “Agent”.

I have chosen a dropdown element and want to display template name only for those templates where the linked company is of type “Seller”.

When I “Do a Search” , i cant seem to refer to the company table since the dropdown is of type “Template”. Any ideas on how i could filter the templates for the dropdown such that it only displays templates where the company is of type “Seller”.
Thank you

Hi there, @rajdeep… if I understand your post correctly, you will need to use an advanced filter that looks something like this.

If you haven’t used an advanced filter before, you will find the Advanced option at the bottom of the dropdown when you add a constraint to the filter. Also, keep in mind that advanced filters return all of the items that meet the search criteria to the client (browser) before applying the filter. So, performance could be an issue if you have a lot of templates in your database.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike