Do I Design On Bubble Or On Photoshop Then Bubble?

I’ve got a rough prototype done of my app now.

How do people go about designing on Bubble typically?

Are there designers that are qualified to work directly inside and with bubble? I think that if there were, featuring them on this website/forum would be excellent, beyond the standard development partners. Design partners would be excellent.

Has anyone taken a PSD design and actually got it to look/function the same within Bubble? I assume that this is an entirely manual piece by piece process vs. PSD2HTML services that are all over the place.

who designed Bubble/the forum? The functionality is great. Even on a consulting basis I’d love to talk to them as perhaps they can shed light on this question and add value to my application’s UX/UI.

1 Like

Hi @JustinC. I’ve done a course in using PSD but I don’t use it at all. I only use Bubble!
I would be willing to assist you with your design.

This might answer you regarding the forum
Is this forum built on bubble?

Regards

Ray

Hi Raymond, I am also considering getting in a (ux) designer on my app once its functionality is done.
Do you have a portfolio of design work you have done before?

1 Like

@pnodseth I don’t have a portfolio as such. Still on my to do list. Most of past work has been enterprise intranet systems and I can’t use them as examples. It’s a bit of a catch 22 for me. It’s a matter of do work but don’t show the world.

You can have a look at my website and you can have a look at SheqDocs (still in development). Unfortunately SheqDocs will have a massive back end that won’t be visible to the public.

Please let me know if there’s anything you would like to know.

Regards

Ray

Ok, thanks!
I’ll have a look at it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I start with Sketch for all my designs. Helps me nail down my colors, my flow, and to determine my “ideal layout” for the app I’m working on. I find that if I design in Bubble first, I limit myself to the things I already know how to do in Bubble, but by going through Sketch first, I design the best thing I can think of, then force myself to figure it out in Bubble.

1 Like

I’ve found that designing in Bubble from the start saves the most time. I program and design myself, so I understand that workflows may be different with multiple people, but I haven’t found cloning designs from PSD, InVision, etc. to be difficult at all. There’s a great deal of control styling in Bubble. The most extensive example I have is Usercard.

2 Likes