📈 Documents Viewer - New Plugin from Zeroqode

The problem I have with Microsoft viewer is unable to view PDF file which consists of more than 50% of all the files that users are going to be viewing.

Yes you already mentioned that google viewers has it’s limitation and such limitation is not yours to control.

However you have the control over the choice of using google viewer to build this plugin. This choice of yours has ultimately led to selling people a plugin that can’t deliver the desired result.

Hey, @hwgz01 !

I see that’s right because the PDF works only with Office files. Please have a look at the list of supported files.

We understand how you feel, but unfortunately no alternatives at the moment which can be used in order to replace Google viewer. Apologies for the inconvenience. :pray:

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Thank you for the reply.

Zeroqode do build some really good plugins which i am using but for this particular one seems to be lacking of some sort.

Do you hope that you can look at ways to improve it.

1 Like

Hi, @hwgz01!

Thank you for your feedback!

Yes, sure, as soon as we find the other solution we’ll implement it. Thanks for your kindness and understanding! We really strive to do our best in order to improve our products.

Best,
Zeroqode Team

I just purchased this plugin after looking at the test page, but I didn’t realise how outdated this plugin is until I could actually use it.

There is a huge need for this plugin, but it honestly lacks Zeroqode’s usual high standard plugin quality.

Firstly, is there a reason why the Google viewer & Microsoft viewer need to be separate elements? Surely the two could be combined?

Also, as my users regularly upload and send documents to one other, it is important for them to have ease of access to view these files. But several issues around the element’s design means that it will be very clunky to have embedded in their messages (which was the whole point of me getting this plugin in the first place), and several other key places on my platform.

An update to address these issues and other problems in this forum from your customers over the years would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hey @hwgz01, @tim4, @michaelc1 :wave:

So I have been struggling with the same issue you guys have been going through. I have been working with a client for about 6 months and just gave up using this plugin but didn’t know what else we should do. I woke up in the middle of the night with a very simple solution that works fantastic.

You can just convert all Word documents to PDF when uploaded, then just worry about displaying the PDFs instead. PDF viewers are much more reliable and you only have to use one PDF viewer, or a simple HTML element, to do it instead of two different elements.

It works brilliantly now! What a relief to finally find a solution! :tada:

Anyways, I wanted to create a video that you could watch that shows you how to do this using the API Connector to convert word documents to PDFs. You need a monthly membership to my eLearning Hub to view it, but I think it’s well worth the price. Plus you have access to all of the other videos and blog posts there as well. Anyways, here is the video: Convert Word Documents to PDF Using the API Connector

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
1 Like

is that possible to disable the download & save to one drive option on the Microsoft Viewer
And the pop out option on the Google Doc viewer?

Hello, @revathikbose
Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, but both options are impossible for the current plugin. Mentioned functions are default and they are needed to display documents.

Sorry for this inconvenience.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hey Bubblers :grinning:

We are pleased to announce that we have updated our Demo page :tada:

Now it looks stylish and polished :blush:, and user-friendly.

To check it out please visit its page right here: https://zeroqode-demo-17.bubbleapps.io/documents_viewer.

Any comments or/and suggestions are highly appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope you’ll like it :wink:

Cheers,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @levon

Great plugin.
I am just struggling with my setup.

I have user uploading PDFs as well as docx, xls and ppt and they can view them afterwards by clicking on the doc’s RG cell. PDFs don’t show in the microsoft viewer and inversely docs, xls and ppts don’t show in the Google viewer.

My initial thought is to have two popups (one for microsoft and one for google) and trigger the right workflow by setting up a condition. I haven’t found the right condition so far. Have you had cases like this one and a potential solution for me?

Thanks in advance

Hi @pierre.tillement ,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, you are right, the Google Viewer and Microsoft Viewer have different file formats that are supported. You can find the list in the Plugins tab or on our service page description.

There isn’t a workflow action as a part of this plugin, unfortunately, but it comes with two different plugin elements:

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 13.20.39

So you can have two popups that open on separate button click events, and each popup would use a different plugin element. Then upload the appropriate file formats as dynamic links:

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 13.21.34

This way, you can open the right file formats for Google Viewer, and the right file formats for Microsoft Viewer.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Thank you very much for your answer. I was able to make it work with 2 different popups and condition their opening by extracting with regex if the file name contained pdf.

Although, I have hit another hurdle. Is it possible to show .jpg files ? I haven’t been able to do so so far.

Thanks

Hi @pierre.tillement, glad to hear that previous advice has helped you :slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately, the .jpg file format is not supported by this plugin. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please see the list of all file formats that the plugin can work with:

Please let us know if we can help with anything else related to our plugin :wink:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

hey @levon, I am trying to build a function where once a user uploads a file , other users can drop comments on the file suggesting changes in that area. Do you think this can be done via your plugin?

Hi @pathunbound, thanks for your message.

With the Document viewer plugin, such kind of functionality (comment and edit) can be provided only for Google documents (Sheets and Docs).
See the Live Demo page (Google file viewer tab): https://zeroqode-demo-17.bubbleapps.io/documents_viewer

Unfortunately, on other types of files (like PDF and Microsoft files) it allows only to view the file. Sorry for the inconvenience :pray:

Please let us know if we can help with anything else about our plugin.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport
I bought this plugin and I’m facing the issue that the previews of documents are not shown properly.
スクリーンショット 2022-03-08 22.30.21

Here is the situation-
I’m using Wasabi storage plugin by Zeroqode on same app and what I want to accomplish is to preview office documents like ppt, excel, doc, stored on Wasabi storage uploaded by this plugin, restricting access in some way.
However, I tried both access restrict configurations on wasabi end (1. allow access only from the app to private file / 2. deny access to public file but from the app) found in the below link but it seems both configs are not working properly for previewing office documents. I’m still facing the above error.

Is there any workaround for this situation?
I’m assuming the preview connection to Wasabi by this Docments Viewer plugin is not from my app url, but from another one. If so, would it be possible to let us know which url I should allow acess from?

I’m trusting the quality of your plugins and supports and both plugins are provided by Zeroqode so hope this could be solved.

Regards,
Miyazawa

Hi @mizawaya, thanks for your message.

After you uploaded a file on Wasabi Cloud Storage through our plugin, please be sure that you save in Bubble database the URL path to the file.
Example:
Having that, indicate saved data field with the URL path in Document Viewer related states.

Hope the provided hint will help. If the issue will persist, please let us know and share a bit more details about your use case setup (workflows and plugin elements setup).

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I can see that Wasabi url path as you mentioned and understand that.
But I want to know how I can properly review office documents, along with restricting access from others using the below access control on wasabi bucket end, which is instructed on your wasabi plugin documents. This is the access control to allow access only from my app to non-private files.

Although I typed the above access control policy on wasabi bucket and tried to review non-private files in it, but I still see the earlier error message while I can see properly other direct images stored on wasabi. Issues would be in this plugin.
Thus, I assume this Documents Viewer plugin uses other domains, not just my app domain, for accessing my wasabi bucket. That is what I need you to confirm and let me know.

Thanks,

Hi @mizawaya, thank you for your reply.

We will check this point and reply early next week.

Just to be sure that the setup has been done right, please let us know if on inserting you have replaced the dummy text on the privacy rules?

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,
Thanks for your quick replying.
Yes, I replaced them with my corresponding bucket and app URL and confirmed that images (like jpeg, png) show previews properly but this plugin previews for MS office documents (like xls, ppt, doc) couldn’t be seen (error message shown).

Appreciate your checking!