Does page need to be loaded for recursive workflow?

When using a recursive workflow that references a list that is in a repeating group, does the page need to be loaded when the workflow is scheduled to process?

Do you mean when scheduling it on the backend? There are a few ways to do this, just checking which way you are doing it. :blush:

If you schedule anything on the backend (I.E. Schedule API Endpoint on a list), that means you can close the browser.

If you are doing a workflow on the page, then your page need to be open while it is working.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes

Hi Jason!

Sorry - yes. It’s a BEWF. It didn’t run last night and the log shows the ‘(path) symbol’ as missing. The only difference from when I tested it was that the page was actually loaded and I watched it process.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 11.15.10 AM

If you are sending the data to the back end workflow then the browser doesn’t need to be open. I am not sure how you are doing things though. It’s hard to tell from those screenshots. Maybe do a step-by-step when you set the backend workflow to make sure it is sending the data to the backend correctly. :blush: Hope that makes sense.