Doing a search for multiple constraints

I’m building a company review app and the review is compiled over several pages. To avoid partial reviews being posted early, I’ve added a field called “Posted” which only gets filled on the last page of the review form. On the Company’s page, I want to count the number of reviews but I only want to count the reviews that have something in the “Posted” field.

I thought the below search would work but it comes back as zero.

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 11.25.41 PM

I’ve even prepared three different searches.

1. company = current page company
  2. Posted isn’t empty
  3. company = current page company AND Posted isn’t empty.

The results are below but the third one doesn’t make sense as every single one of my reviews has “yes” in the Posted field.

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 11.32.03 PM

Please help.

Though the search criteria looks alright, Can you check if the data is correct on the record you are expecting.

BTW, is the Posted field of Boolean data type (“yes”/“no”)? If so, you can try changing the criteria to “Posted” = “yes” and see if it works.

Another thing that always beats me up is privacy settings for that data type. Might be worthwhile checking that, too.

1 Like

Oh man as a newbie this got me every time!! :see_no_evil:

Yes, Rico, that was it. I had added new fields to my reviews but hadn’t updated the privacy rules to make these fields visible. Thank you so much.!

1 Like

:sweat_smile:
I consider myself not a newbie, but I still stub my toes on privacy settings weekly.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: it’s an easy thing to overlook