Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Download CSV - pick data

OK, so I have it working !

I created a “reporting” table with just the consolidated data I wanted (which comes from several other tables).

I have two buttons on my page…

The “Export CSV” button is hidden on page load.

When the page is loaded, I delete all the CustomerExports created by this user.

On click of “Create Report” I run an API workflow on the list in the repeating group …

Which creates entries in the Export table.

When the number of entries in the Export Table created by this User is = to the number in the Repeating Group (i.e. the Export is done) … the button shows.

And then you download the csv from the export table with this button.

As long as you don’t log in with the same user twice, it should work across multiple users.

Will put an example up on BuildingOnBubble at some point.

13 Likes

This is fantastic. I’ll be working on this this week in my app. Thanks for sharing Nigel!

Hey Nigel, following up on this. In your printed report, were you able to get rid of the “Created by,” “Created by - email,” “ID,” “Created Date,” and “Modified Date” columns? Those are the big things I need obliterated from the data export.

Hi,

No, I can’t get rid of them. I think that would be one to ask Bubble, so a tick box to exclude this.

Bummer, thanks for the reply. We’re gonna need to figure this out somehow.

I’m looking for a similar solution – want to create a CSV export that only show specific fields (and needs to exclude some fields in our database too).

Any progress on this, either from the Bubble team, or other community members finding creative work-arounds?

Thanks!

@NigelG

I’m looking for a similar CSV solution and I made it work with your workaround but it doesn’t Rename the rows on my end.
Was it just a test to create reports from multiple data sources or did this somehow rename the name of the columns too on your end?

Instead of ‘type_text’ I just want it to show ‘Type’.

Hi @NigelG Reopening the subject, do you have a forum app that I could look to understand what you did ?

This solution seems to be complicated for the pb that I am facing: when I download the data from my app some are showing by their ID and not referring to the primary field I selected inside the DB.
Is there any easier way to fix it ? and to show thir ‘name’ instead of unique ID ?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

@NigelG could you please share with us an app where you did this?

Sorry for the delay.

Yes, here is the page.

https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=m_customers_profiles&id=wbycopy&tab=tabs-1

No pb, thank you but I think the app is not public I cant access it.

Sorry, have updated.

I don’t understand there is no action in the button create report (workflow)…

Nor do I :frowning:

Sorry, was looking at the wrong page (this was created a year ago and we don’t do complex stuff like this now !).

https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=m_customers&id=wbycopy&tab=tabs-1

If you look at any of the hidden groups, there are the buttons.

Some details in this post.

1 Like

Hi, has anyone found a way to choose the order of the columns displaying field names?

@lise.nicolas did you ever figure out how to get the download to .csv field to show their names instead of unique IDs? I have the box checked on my workflow to refer to names instead of IDs and my primary data fields are all set to their names, so I’m not sure what I’m missing. Did you get it to work on your end?

No…

@romanmg @NigelG @josh @emmanuel anyone have any idea how to accomplish this? I’m currently exporting to CSV but the dynamic fields only export the unique ID of the data, and it doesn’t appear possible to select a Field on the Data Type to choose. Essentially the CSV file is useless except for text fields.

I’m seeing the same thing on this topic as well: CSV Export help

Any ideas or am I missing something?

2 Likes

It’s been a while - anyone ever figure out how to export names for dynamic fields?

1 Like