Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Drag&Drop on mobile

Is there a way to “long press to drag”, so that the element is not dragged instantly and so that user can scroll page without dragging unwanted elements?

the way i solved this was with a button/checkbox that needs to be clicked to allow dragging.
alternatively to only have an element far on the left of the screen, such as the list number of a todolist with the dragging and dropping functionality, instead of the whole row/cell.

hope this helps,
regards
Tass

3 Likes

I’ve thought about this feature, but I need more user-friendly solution. I need to somehow enable “press and hold to drag”.

That also helps somehow, but I am confident that users will interfere with their scrolling by hooking unwanted draggable icons.

I would appreciate if you can give any guesses on how to achieve “press and hold X seconds to drag”.

going to be very difficult. I suggest you learn coding (your own plugins.) :wink:
sorry!

I guess you could experiment with disabling the drag and dropping behaviour and using the timer plugin to enable it only after something has been done for x seconds. but not sure if it will work.

Actually, there is a plugin by EzCode that has this feature, but their plugin cannot move items between RGs.

Extremely helpful! Thanks!

@vovahumnytskiy - this functionality will be in next updates, thanks for the idea and be patient because it will take a little time to implement , as we already mentioned it will be in about next 1-2 weeks

Hope it helps

Regards Pavel

2 Likes

@eazycode is there any update on the new functionality?

thanks
Pascal

We managed to do it in test version but it is a bit laggy and unstable and we decided not to publish it.
However we are still work on it from time to time.
Regards,
Andrew