Drag - Drop Reorder Your Repeating Group

Hi Tom,

Can you share link of the editor view? I can try to take a look this weekend if it is not too late for you.

@soh.ju.hu I really appreciate you taking a look. Of course, whenever is convenient for you works for me. Here is the link to the editor view: Editor View.

Iā€™m not very sophisticated with Bubble. So your help is appreciated, and hopefully the problem will be something simple. Iā€™m having this issue on several pages beyond just the page labelled Moodā€“for example the page labelled Idea Box and the page labelled Themes. I enter the data, but it doesnā€™t show up below on the page in a repeating list at all. Basically anywhere that I implemented the drag and drop reorder functionality I canā€™t see any of the data displayed in a list anymore. This is a clone of the real app. So donā€™t worry about breaking anything.

The username and password for this clone app are tom@fictionshots.com and 88888888Pw respectively.

@tom10

Took a quick look. Your repeating group for Mood didnā€™t show up because a filter you applied to search for Moods: Category.

The first filter basically filters out everything Mood, no Mood found.
Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 8.32.32 AM

Thatā€™s because there are no category value in Mood

Simply remove that first filter or refine your filter, you will see it.

Use Inspector tool in debugging to check for other pages, might or might not be the same issue

1 Like

Someone created an even better reordering plugin. This is way more intuitive.

4 Likes

@soh.ju.hu Thanks very much for your help. I can now see all my lists, and I can reorder all of them except for the page called Themes. I will try to figure out that problem myself and only circle back if I am flummoxed. If need be, I will rebuild that page from scratch.

I appreciate your help. I use this app daily in my own life and needed that functionality restored. You helped me a lot.

Sincerely,

Tom

@soh.ju.hu I will check this out as well. Thanks.

you are welcome!

1 Like

@soh.ju.hu Thank you so much for your solution from February! It works perfectly and helps me a lot with my app.
May I ask if you think whether itā€™s possible to delete records from the draggable RG in your example?

I am trying to add the functionality of adding/deleting records from the group inside the app (like a todo list but with the list-order). The adding part seems to work. I am using input forms and a ā€œcreate new thingā€ (type: Task; list-order = Search for Tasks list-order:count + 1) workflow.
Having trouble deleting a record and canā€™t figure out the correct worklow for the ā€œdelete-buttonā€. The list-order gets broken every time.
Best,
Albert

Hi @albert.drogunov, did you try this?

• If you have total 10 tasks
  • you delete task 6 (list order 6)
  • then make changes that repeating group tasks (tasks 7,8,9,10) by filter out: list_order > 6 ( current work cellā€™s list_order), make the change list_order - 1
  • finally delete that task 6 (current work cell)
1 Like

Hello @soh.ju.hu,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my problem! Just implemented your solution. It works perfectly! Heres the workflow just to summarize:

create delete button, edit workflow for delete button:

• delete thing
  • step 1: select parent groupā€™s thing (in this case task)
  • step 2: make changes to a list of things (list of tasks)
  • list to change: Repeating Groups Taskā€™s list of tasks:filtered
  • filter: list-order > 6
  • change another field: list-order = this taskā€™s list-order - 1

Works great, thanks for the explination.

Any Ideas on how I might use a ā€˜List-Orderā€™ that is in State?
So, not to edit the Things, but reorder them client side and them save that order elsewhere.

Perhaps if I weā€™re to use the Things list order but copy to a list State and edit that?

Hello. Thanks for sharing your work.

In step 6, what were the options you used to set up the Custome State for the workflow? Also, where did you set up the custom state? Was it added to the repeating group?

To anyone who got problem when you have create and delete item features.
I got a workaround.

Problem : So, whenever you create an item it should be numbered like the comments above. It was like ThisItemParent:count:+1. But when you deleted it (when it had more than 3 items), it will create a mess.

Solution :

Opera Snapshot_2020-12-01_223123_bubble.io

Basically, CurrentThingsā€™s Itemā€™s Orderā€™s :max: (return highest number) + 1 . The number will still be a mess, but whenever you create a new Item it will always ordered as 1 higher than last Item.

Now you can check those descending feat. Cheers

Hi, Iā€™m running into the same issue - where the order keeps messing up - especially if I delete things.

I created a short loom video explaining my issue:

And here is a link to my project:

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

1 Like

Hey @soh.ju.hu any idea why my order gets stuck at 5? Thank you for your help.

THIS! Does the trick. I am really happy with the result. Only thing that makes sense and actually works. THANK YOU!

Hey @marius , did you figured out any way to make it work?
Thanks

Hello Guys,
I found youtube channel of NoLogo and this video seems to match my need of Drag and Reorder.

MindMap to have big picture :wink:

6 Likes

Using this method, there is a problem when adding a new entry to the database after re-ordering the list, (while using the standard ā€œorderā€ field expression: ā€œorder-numberā€=items:count+1).

This will not always put the new added item as the highest rank