↪ Drag & Drop to Reorder RG - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hi @randreas, thanks for your messages.
Seems that the required help arrived prior to our involvement (@coty thank you for provided hints :pray:).

@shwabbie, thanks for your patience :pray:

The developer team checked this moment, and it relates to the Bubble platform functionality itself.
As each movement of an element within the RG needs to be synchronized with the database, movement display delays depend on some factors like network connection speed, device capacity.
Unfortunately, we can’t do much in this regard.

If there will be any other plugin-related question, please drop a message in the thread :wink:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi @shwabbie & @mycardpage,

An additional investigation has shown that in case there will be an issue with the swipe option on RG (cell dropping of the row), please note that it relates to the length of the text element within the RG cell.
In case the “Cut off content…” option on the text element is unchecked, the length of the included text can influence the dimension of the RG cell (too wide to be displayed properly in the same row), causing the drop of cells in another row.

If there will be anything else that we can help with about our plugin, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport !

I’m having an issue with “Move in Base”. When it copies across, it doesnt copy any reference data. As in, when the database stores a linked item, such as a user. Is there a way to fix this, or make a chance to the data after it’s been copied?

Cheers,
Rory

Hi guys,
I’ve almost got the plugin working, but I’m hoping you can help me get across the finish line. My goals is to reorder a RG in place, and have the new position of each Thing saved to a field in each of the Things shown in the RG. I want users to be able to drag each row of the RG to any point in the list and drop it there, so “swap” is off. When I drag and drop an element, the “new position” value gets set to the same value as an adjacent item, so after just a few moves, all rows in the RG have the same “order” value. I’ve done my best to follow the example, but clearly I’m missing something. Probably something simple and obvious. Any ideas? Are there any rules on the initial values of Order?
Thanks!
Ned

Hi @cairngormstudios, thanks for your message.

The developer team will check the reported issue. Once any investigation results will become available, we will let you know asap :pray:

Hi @nedmohr, thanks for your message.

To be able to help you and identify any encountered issue, please share (here or in DM) a screencast or screenshots with the current case setup& flow and the required one :pray:
It will allow us to provide the required support much faster.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I subscribed this plugin, and now i have trouble saving reordered elements in database. I can’t watch the video for saving elements in the comments above.
Can you elaborate how to save new order in database? @ZeroqodeSupport

Does this work for nested rg?
I’m making exercise log app like true-coach, It break downs like second picture.

A routine is list of exercise (repeating group of exercises) and each exercise has a list of sets (repeating group of sets)

Can you help me?

Also I am getting this plugin error
I don’t know how to fix this
Thank you in advance

Hi @hellincamp, thanks for your messages.

Please use the plugin demo editor page for setup reference, it has all related workflows included:

Sure thing. Here is an example of how it can be realized.

Let’s say we have two RG, one named LIST and the second named TASK, and two plugin elements.

• first RG (LIST) you make as in instruction, in RG id indicate the following:

• in second RG (TASK) indicate the following:

This setup will allow us to address each RG that is nested within the general RG.

Please be sure that you are not using the plugin’s own states as values within the plugin element, because it addresses itself before being initialized, which leads to a cycle event and error.

Hope the provided answers will help. In case there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

P.S. Please be sure that you are using the last plugin version (it was recently updated with possibility to use dynamic values).

I have same issue here

Hi @hellincamp, thanks for the reply.
Allow us to check it internally, and come with a feedback asap.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

thanks! I will wait for it @ZeroqodeSupport

Hi @hellincamp,
In addition to the provided details, please add our support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app
That will allow us to check what’s wrong with your setup and test it out in our workspace.

Enter your Bubble editor page → Settings → “Collaboration” tab → Invite a user (email).

(Note: disregard the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.)

We will check your setup and do a few tests in an attempt to find the root cause and help you fix it.
In case it is ok for you, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @hellincamp, thanks for the provided access.
As this issue is also discussed with you within a dedicated thread, please check the provided answer in the related forum thread.
If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello.

I would like some help. I finally got the drop and drop feature to work about a week ago, but suddenly it doesnt work anymore. I cannot identify what changed. But I did upgrade the plugin today. I thought this may have been the issue, but even after rolling it back, it still doesnt work.

Basically, I have a repeating group and I want users to be able to move around items on it which will change its order for the user and in the database as well so that other users can see the change on their end.

Let me know what else I can do.

Thank you

Hi @randreas, thanks for your message.

Please check the example from our plugin Demo editor page, to see if within your app is realized the same logic.

If the issue will persist, please share a screencast of the current setup and use case flow, it will allow us to identify any issue much faster.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

It seems to be working now. I cannot remember if I resolved it or not.

But I had the workflows exactly the way your demo had them. Maybe it was a hiccup on my end.

There is one issue I’m still having. I find that when a page is refreshed, the drag/drop sort/swap feature does not seem to immediately work on the first try. I have to try it again for it to begin sorting and storing that index order in the DB.

Has anyone else reported something similar? Here is a video demonstrating what I mean.

Thank you

Hi @randreas, thanks for your message, and glad to hear that the reported issue vanished :slightly_smiling_face:

This delay relates to the Bubble platform capacities, for proper plugin work it is required to wait until the complete load of the Repeating Group elements (also loading data for each RG element from database).

Please let us know if there are any other plugin-related questions that we can help with.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi I was wondering is there any video tutorials on how to set this up?
Sorry i’m new to bubble.

Hello @karlfriend.nz,
Thank you for reaching out!

Unfortunately, we don’t have video tutorials. However, we strongly recommend you check the supporting docs, the plugin’s demo page, and the editor page in parallel to see the workflow and setup. You can always refer to these when creating your app and need to implement the functionality.

In case you need any help, please let us know. We will be glad to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport, I have been struggling for a while to set everything up, and got stuck.

Issues:

1. “DraggableRG item moved” event never works.
  2. All custom states of the “DraggableRG” element are always empty.
  3. During my testing drop stopped working, can’t move/swop elements.
  4. Drag&drop never works when I use the handle.

I exposed the Data API of my app and made sure that there are no privacy rules or restrictions on my table.

It all seems to be very strange because you have the same setup in your Demo Editor, but it works on your site.

Video explanation: