DropDown Validation based on Different Column

Hi,
I have a dropdown that takes it’s data from a table (let’s call it what everyone else in the world does - a table). The table has 2 columns, ProductTypeName and ProductTypeStatus.

I am display all product types (product type name) in the dropdown regardless of status:::HOWEVER::: if a user selects an item. that is a product type name from the dropdown whose status is inactive or pending, then I want to give them a warning.

FIRST - how can I perform this type of validation?

SECONDLY - how can I provide a warning, I suppose a workflow could trigger a popup ::: assuming I can get the validation to work.

Thanks
Alex

You can use conditions to check what the status is. Either with elements on the page and show and hide them based on the validation, or on a Workflow.

To provide a warning message like you mentioned, do the following:

Select the Dropdown element in the Editor, and then select ‘Start/Edit Workflow’

This will allow you to trigger a Workflow ‘When this inputs value is changed’. You will then put a Condition on this workflow:
When this Dropdown's value is changed and This Dropdown's Product Type's ProductTypeStatus is "inactive" OR When this Dropdown's value is changed and This Dropdown's Product Type's ProductTypeStatus is "pending"
Action -> Show popup message

Geoff | Top Shelf Templates
Check out a Best Selling Bubble Template
Check out one of The Most Used Bubble Template (FREE)

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.