Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Dynamic Height and Width of Bubble Elements - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hi @levon, I have just purchased the plugin for my app and started playing with it. I can’t find out how to get it to do what I want though. What I want is:

• Header group floating relative to top (with nav icons and text logo)
  • Middle section with cards taking up the full screen, minus footer
  • Footer group floating relative to bottom

So, how I have the dynamic- height set is:

Here is the result I get (note, no floating footer visible):

I realise why it’s not working is because I don’t know how to make it that I want the footer at the bottom below the repeating group. Is there a way to do that? Like, repeating group height = 100% minus the pixel height of the footer?

Also, when set at 100% the card section is still cut off at the bottom of the page:

Here’s the test version URL (it’s native so drag your viewport smaller than 500px):

Thanks for your help!

PS. I just double-checked that my footer floating group is in front of everything, and that fixed it so that it’s in front of the repeating group. But now the repeating group’s final row is behind the footer, so I really need it to end at the top of the footer, but also, for the Header-Group-Footer layout to stretch to fill the viewport, with only the Group stretching. I hope that makes sense.

Oh my god I fixed it :joy:

The solution was to make a dynamic_height that refers to Index instead of my floating groups. Relief!!!

Hey @jcpollari sorry we couldn’t assist you faster but glad you figured it out even without our help :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

Hello,
I am encountering a problem with the plugin, it seems to not work untill i do a window resizing, meaning it saves it original size until i do a window resizing and then it adjusts perfectly
Waiting for your further instructions.
Thank!

Hello, @tomerlan5
Thanks for reaching us.

We tested the Demo Page of the current plugin and it works in the correct mode.

Please make sure that all the settings are correct and correspond to those used in the Demo version of the Dynamic Height & Width of Elements.

You can test it in the editor changing the settings to understand and see how it works. In case if it will not help you, please provide us the screenshots with your actual settings of the Plugin and error screenshots from the debugger and browser console.

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Team

Could you please explain the term page vs viewport?
Viewport is obviously the size of the device screen but what does page mean?
Thanks

Hello, @tomerlan5

The viewport is an area of the web page visible to the user, something the user can see without having to scroll.

This refers to the part of the document that is currently displayed in its window (or on the screen if the document is being viewed in full-screen mode).

As for Page, is an entire page from top to bottom, even that you don’t see at the moment ( with scrolling it).

Hope it will help you.
Zeroqode Team

@ZeroqodeSupport @levon
Hello, would it work to set, inside a repeating group, the height of a container group to be the same as the height of the image/video it stores ?

Thank you

Hello, @lucaspenanguer
Thanks for your question.

Please allow us to check this feature internally and to revert with comments on this matter.
We will do our best to get back in the nearest time.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hey, everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

We’d like to inform you that we have updated Demo page. :slightly_smiling_face:

Now you can try the plugin and see how it resizes the image according to the specified screen percentage and maintains the aspect ratio when the page is resized.

Hope you will like it :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,
ZQ Team

Hello, @lucaspenanguer
Sorry for my late reply.

By this message, I would like to notify you that we have fixed the possibility to use this plugin within the Repeating Group. Now, you can set the plugin element in the way that your images/video will be adjusted:

Note: please set the correct delay for the RG and element is in a repeating group as demonstrated on the screen below:

Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version and give it a try. It will help you to work with an upgraded version of the plugin.

Hope it will help you.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi there !

I have an error in my console :

Why do I have that? Thanks!

Hi ,

Could i use it to re-size a repeating groups or any groups? Or it works only for the Elements?

Hi @reallyreallywant.app, apologies for such a delayed reply :pray:

Could you please share more details related to your setup and use case ? Namely:

• steps to reproduce your issue;
  • screenshots and/or screencasts of your setup - workflows, plugin settings (for the screencast recording, let me please suggest using the Loom tool).
    That would allow us to identify a possible issue much faster.
    Looking forward to your reply.

Sure thing it could be used for that. On setup, please be sure to include the RG ID in the related field of the plugin element.
For instructions on how to set the ID attribute to a Bubble element please visit this ID attribute guide:

Hope it helps. Please let us know if you have any other plugin-related questions :wink:
Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

Hi there! Thanks for the reply.

I can’t tell you how to reproduce it, but here’s my setup (I have 2 setups):

1st one:

Just a simple group

2nd one:

Simple group in which there is an image, which has the same id, ie. “zzz”

Hi @reallyreallywant.app, thanks for the provided screenshots.
Seems that error is produced when on one plugin element you put the “Depending on” condition to “viewport” and another plugin element has the “Depending on” condition to “page”, causing a conflict.
Please change the “Depending on” condition from “page” to “viewport”.

Hope it helps. Please let us know if we can help with anything else about our plugin.
Regards,

Zeroaode Support Team

Hi! Thanks for your reply. Worked for me!

1 Like

Actually, I need to use page AND viewport at the same time… :confused:

Hi @reallyreallywant.app, thanks for your reply.

Please share a description of your use case, and desired result.
Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team