Dynamically display a blank row on a RG

Hey there,

I have a RG of type “Experience” with multiple fields that contain the value for each of the items that make up the Experience thing (date_to, date_from, company, description and role).
This RG is auto-populated upon page load with Current User’s List of Experiences.

I want to be able to, upon clicking on “Add experience”, to basically add a new EMPTY row with the same structure/input fields as the pre-populated ones so that users can add additional experiences. Seems like Bubble doesn’t allow creation of empty rows on a RG.

Any advice on how could I achieve this? The “delete experience” button works perfectly by simply doing a :minus item action.

Many thanks!

Hi there, @pavilaflores… I might be missing something here, but what you described could be as simple as creating a new thing in the Experience data type when the Add experience button is clicked and then adding the newly-created thing to the user’s list of experiences. The repeating group would show the newly-created thing, and the thing’s fields would be empty because you didn’t have any values for them when the thing was created. Have you already tried that and it isn’t working for you for some reason?

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Blockquote creating a new thing in the Experience data type when the Add experience button is clicked and then adding the newly-created thing to the user’s list of experiences

Thanks @mikeloc , I think the problem with your approach is that by doing this, the moment I click “Add experience”, this will create an empty “Experience” on my database that I will then need to update somehow when the user enters their information, otherwise when I click “Next page”, the information that would have been saved on the database for that user’s experiences will be an empty entry (even if I fill in the input fields) … any idea how to best accomplish this Experience update?

Umm, workflows that trigger Make Changes to a thing when an input is changed or autobinding an input’s value to the thing. Sounds like someone needs to do the Bubble lessons or the crash course.

Apologies if my questions were too “basic”, I’ve only been a “Bubbler” for under 2 months!

I’ve now been reading about auto-binding (didn’t know about such feature), seems like it’s going to save me some time :slight_smile: Seems a bit limited in some aspects (doesn’t allow me to apply custom formatting to date inputs for example when in auto-binding mode) so I’ll use Air Time to try to overcome this!

Many thanks gents, this should do the job for now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.