E-mail reminder day before

Hello :slight_smile:
I have a table reservation portal, how to set up to have an email reminder come one day before the reservation date?

Hi there, @bartoszkopec89… when a table is reserved, have an action in the workflow that schedules a backend workflow (which will send the email) to run at the reservation’s date/time +(days): -1.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

I set the reminder email to be sent only when:
Parent group available time slot’s date +days: -1 but
something is wrong :slight_smile:

I set the reminder email to be sent only when:
Parent group available time slot’s date +days: -1 but
something is wrong :slight_smile:

Yes, something is indeed wrong…

You can’t use an only when condition for this (that’s not how they work).

As @mikeloc said already, you need to create backend workflow that sends the email, and then schedule that backend workflow to run 1 day before the reservation date whenever a user makes a reservation.

Thank you :slight_smile:
How to setup ‘‘create backend workflow’’?

Just go to ‘Backend Workflows’ in your app editor (from the dropdown menu at the top left of the editor, where all your pages ad reusable elements are, right at the bottom).

Then create a backend (API) workflow, the same as you would create a workflow on the page.

note: if you don’t see ‘Backend Workflows’ at the bottom of the dropdown menu, then you’ll need to enable backend workflows on the API tab of your app settings first.

I found it, thank you,
but it will be more difficult though. because I don’t know how to set up for bubble to know when to send an email to whom + for this email to include the details of the restuarant to which I have a reservation

Set up parameters on the backend workflow that enable you to send the appropriate user and restaurant to the backend workflow when you schedule it from the front end.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.