Easy File Downloader - New Plugin From Zeroqode

@chaostorm, you’re welcome :wink:

If you like our plugin, we would be grateful if you could rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and gives it as many stars as it deserves

The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello again, @chaostorm :slightly_smiling_face:

We have implemented actions “Stop Download File”, “Stop Download Files” (as per your request), and the “Download Start” event into the plugin. Please check it on the 1.16.0 plugin version and let us know if it works as you expected.

Hope it helps. :sunflower:
Regards,
Zeroqode Support team

1 Like

Downloading multiple files don’t work for me in the App made with BDK.
It only opens each image in a new window.
Any solution for this?

Hello, @kreativorgan. Thanks for reaching out.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused, but we cannot guarantee the flawless functionality of our plugin when integrated with a third-party native service.

If there is anything else we can help, please ask.
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

@ZeroqodeSupport Hello again! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for adding these two actions. I’m afraid I do have a new bug report concerning them, though. :sweat_smile: Here’s the newly introduced bug: once the app executes the action “Stop Download Files”, the download stops (which is great) but it also breaks the plugin so that it gets stuck and prevents it from starting a new download or even restarting the canceled one until the page gets reloaded (which is not so great). Can you please look into that? Even just adding the action “Clear files” that I could add to the workflow to manually remove the stopped files from the queue would resolve the problem.

Hello, @chaostorm.

Thanks for reporting this, we are checking it right now. :thinking:

We will get back to you shortly.
Zeroqode Support Team

@chaostorm ,

Would it be convenient for you to share your use case example with us? Because we have tried to reproduce the issue on our side and have not succeeded to have the same issue as you have.

Here is our test page:

The logic here is:

1. click the “download” icon to trigger the download action (video file);
  2. hover the spinning circle to cancel the download process / trigger the cancel download action;
  3. click the second cell’s “download” icon to try downloading the next file from the RG, within the same page session (works ok).

Will be waiting forward the details of your use case. :pray:
Zeroqode Support Team

This is the thing that I’ve spent not days but weeks for. Awesome plugin working just great!! Thanks for developing this. I instantly bought 2 of these for two different apps.

One thing I have a question about though is when I use this in mobile.
Unlike using it in laptop for multiple files (in my case images) where I can find all downloaded images in the download folder, when I use it in the mobile, it just downloads the first image out of many. Am I doing something wrong or is it not just possible in mobile?

If I want to download multiple files with a single click in the mobile, how should I configure the plugin?

Still, your plugin is a rock star!!!

I’ve been using this plugin for a while for downloading bulk images, and found some problems such as

1. some images missing
  2. some images downloaded in duplicate

In my use case, I normally download more or less than 200 images on a single click and in most cases, I found a few images not downloaded and several images downloaded multiple times.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks

Hi @thebubbleprojects,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the delayed reply.

It seems that we missed your previous message because our @ZeroqodeSupport wasn’t tagged.

To help us understand how you’re using the plugin in your app, please send us some screenshots of your settings and how you’ve set up the plugin. Also, include the workflows used, and the plugin element configuration.

Could you also make a quick video to show us how you’ve set everything up and what problems you’re running into? You can use a simple tool like Loom for the video.

And please, use the Bubble debugger to check step by step that all the information and data sources in your app are correct and nothing is missing.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,

Thanks for replying to my issue.

I don’t see any configuration requirements for the plugin.

And the workflows I built is as below.

As I don’t have that many files for download at the moment, I am skipping the screen video.

In summary, my experience so far for as many as 20 trials are like this.

1. When the number of files to download is small, it works beautifully.
  2. When the number of files to download exceeds 100 (in my case), in most cases, a few files are missing and there are often duplicates with the files named XXXXX_1(1).jpeg.
  3. Once downloaded, the same button click will download only less than 10 files. So, I cannot re-download files.

As a workaround, I tried the following by breaking down the number of files to download each time and stretched the workflows like

However, this ends up with lots of duplicates and cannot fulfill my needs.

If you can look into my settings and found anything to fix, please let me know.

Thank you.
John

Hello @thebubbleprojects,

Thanks for providing all the necessary details.

We’ll consult with our development team and attempt to replicate your setup to better understand the issue. We’ll get back to you with any updates as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and hope you have a wonderful day. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi @thebubbleprojects,
Thank you for your patience.

We’ve successfully fixed the issue with multiple file downloads and updated the plugin to version 1.24.0.

We’ve tested on our side and downloaded 50 images without any issues.

Please update the plugin inside your app to the latest version, and let us know if everything works well on your side too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a great week ahead.
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,

Thank you very much. Over this coming weekend, I will be dealing with many many images again, so I will let you know what happens.

John

1 Like

Hi @thebubbleprojects,

Glad to be helpful. Take your time and let us know if everything works well on your side.

Please feel free to reach us again when you need some help or assistance. It will be a pleasure to cooperate. :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, if you like our plugin you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. We would appreciate it a lot!

Take care!
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,

I had a chance to try your upgraded version today. I had to download 208 image files where all images have consecutive id numbers like 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2…104-2.

As you can see, I failed to download all of the files I needed to download. There are random files that are missing.

I tried a few times and noticed that the missing files are not specific ones but random. Some files missed in earlier download were downloaded in the next one something like that.

Should there be some limit in the number of files to download? I am continuing the same task tomorrow so I will have more case studies by tomorrow night.

But, as of today, this plugin is not fulfilling the requirements.

Really wish this could be solved.

Thanks.
John

I tried this plugin again and the conclusion is that it is not downloading all images without omission. It always leave random number of files undownloaded. Always!
In today’s 18 trials, the number of files for download ranged between 160 and 280, and not even a single time, it succeeded. Sorry, but I don’t think I can use this plugin unless it brings me certainty that I can trust what it does.

Thanks.

Hi @thebubbleprojects

Apologies for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

After thorough discussion with our developers, here are our findings:

For instance, Google Chrome allows the download of only 10 files simultaneously from one website. When the plugin initiates the download of these 10 files, subsequent downloads await the completion of ongoing ones. However, with a substantial number of downloads, the browser may perceive it as excessive activity and potentially skip some files.

To mitigate this, we can consider changes that involve initiating each download after the previous one completes, with a pause of 1 second. This approach would ensure a minimum download time of 280 seconds for 280 files. Nevertheless, if more than 280 files are queued, a similar issue might arise.

An alternative suggestion is to download files in smaller packs, such as groups of 50. After the completion of 50 (when download finished), set a two-second pause and trigger the next workflow for the next 50 files.

It’s important to note that downloading numerous files isn’t a recommended practice. We highly recommend considering archiving files before downloading them to the PC as a more efficient approach.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team