Elements formatting

Hello all,

Firstly, I’m not using the responsive engine (don’t ask!) but am having an issue with grouped elements not displaying as intended.

I have 4 text elements which are grouped together in the following manner:

(1&2) and (3&4) and then both grouped together ((1&2)&(3&4)).

They look good on desktop as 4 across, and on mobile (portrait) they are stacked all on top of each other (with slight gap between (1&2) and (3&4), but it’s on mobile in ladscape mode that it goes wrong - see attached image please.

Hopefully there is a simple solution and there is a better way to present these elements?

Please help!
Thanks

I assume by that you mean you’re not using Bubble’s (now not-so) new, FlexBox, responsive engine… (you must still be using the old, JavaScript-based responsive engine)…

To be honest, I’m not sure anyone (even Bubble) fully understood how the old responsive engine worked, and I wasted countless hours trying to get things to behave the way I wanted them to (and often just gave up and settled for what it was).

But honestly, the only advice I can give is to keep playing with the responsive settings, using trial and error, until you find the behaviour you’re looking for…

(or, much more sensibly, just switch to the flexbox engine, then it’s simple).

Ugh, I’ve been avoiding facing Flexbox as I’m bogged down in other areas.

I guess I’ll have to put up with it for now until I get either dig in or get somebody else to.

Thanks anyway!