Elements tree width really needs to be resizable

As per the title, the elements tree width really needs to be resizable (or horizontally scrollable) in editor.

If I nest too many elements within groups, I can no longer access them within the elements tree as it is pretty small and fixed width. I’m sure there’s a reason for this, however I’d say that its a pretty big UX issue for those of us who like to build detailed user interfaces and a workaround is needed.

Here’s an example of the issue from my latest project:

Screenshot 2023-02-16 122949

Surely I’m not the only one running into this issue? If you have a workaround please let me know. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there, @tmxl… you are surely not the only person to run into this issue. There are multiple posts about it in the forum, and here is the idea on the ideaboard so you can upvote it.

Best…
Mike

2 Likes

One of the 1000 reasons they need to work on this stat.
As well pin the tree open.

1 Like

Just upvoted it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for sharing, upvoted.

In the meantime, I found this fix created by @danieldesbesel in the ideaboard post:

It’s a Chrome extension (works in Edge too) that adds horizontal scroll to the tree, this is a decent solution for now:

3 Likes

The only matter is that add-ons steal a good chunk of memory and slow down the browser. As far as I know, Bubble herself has some action on her road map to correct within the app.

5 Likes