✉ Sendinblue SMTP A free alternative to Sendgrid mails by Reduble.com

Hi @pierre6 , thanks for reaching out.

Kindly note that If you use the Send Email action, there is a Sender Name field available:

Summary

It works with no issues on our site:

Summary

If you use the Send Email + File action,

Summary

it works well too:

You need to insert a sender name into the body parameter into the Send Email + File and Send Email + Template actions the way I show you here:

Also, I recommend using some JSON validator as it is more convenient to customize the JSON body parameters in there and validate them, than just typing into the “body” field. (this for example https://jsonlint.com

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport ,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Im using the ‘Send SMTP Mail + Template’ action. I didnt know that it was possible to edit the sender name directly in the JSON for that action.

I tried and it works :+1:

Thanks for your help. The documentation could maybe be updated to prevent future users from asking the same question :wink:

Edit :
You can also edit the ReplyTo.name

Regards,
Pierre

1 Like

Hi @pierre6, glad to hear that it helped.
If you like our plugin you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and it gives it as many stars as it deserves :slightly_smiling_face:
The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

We will check how we can add a corresponding note for this moment, thank you for suggesting it.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport thanks for the plugin,

may I ask you if there is a way to attach multiple files using Send SMTP email + file action?

thanks
e.

Hi @emanuele, you’re welcome :wink:

I’m afraid, the current plugin functionality (Send SMTP email + file action) doesn’t allow to send multiple files within one message. Sorry about this inconvenience.

Kindly note that it is also limited from the Sendinblue side

https://help.sendinblue.com/hc/en-us/articles/209587285--Creating-an-email-campaign

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport
Thanks a lot for this plugin !
Yesterday Sendinblue had an outage and none of the emails have been delivered to the users, they don’t even appear in my logs on Sendinblue.
I see Workflow error - Could not connect to remote server in my logs on Bubble.
Would it be possible to delay the sending on future outages?
What can we do in case of future outages to prevent this error ?
Thanks a lot

Hi @marie, thanks for your patience.

Unfortunately, our plugin currently can provide only functionality related to mail sending.
A workaround would be to set up a workflow that will notify you about such outages, starting with:

Hope it helps. Please let us know if we can help with anything else related to our plugin :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

Hi everyone!

To enhance the user experience, we have pushed a plugin update for the Sendinblue SMTP plugin, that has added new actions with static fields (no shrinkable body field).

For example instead of the default action:

Could be used added action with static fields:

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.7.0: “Added new actions with static fields”) and give it a try.

Have a nice day!
Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport ,

I’m using your plugin for transactionnal emails. Thanks for it, it’s working perfectly.

We need to send an invoice with an email. Is it possible to use Send SMTP Mail + Template workflow with file ? So it would be a combination of Send SMTP Mail + File and Send SMTP Mail + Template.

If yes, do I need to do the same as Send SMTP Mail + File which means adding “name” and “URL” parameters ?

Olá tudo bem? Como faço para enviar mais de um arquivo num mesmo e-mail?

Hi @thomas.gounot, apologies for the delayed reply from our side.

Yes, it is possible, you can attach the file to the body field action.
But the attachment, which can be sent via the Sendinblue plugin, should be a URL, but not a file.
Let us provide an example.

Summary
{
     "sender": {
          "name": "Alexandr Kacinski",
          "email": "kacinski@gmail.com",
          "id": 2
     },
     "to": [
          {
               "email": "jimmy98@example.com",
               "name": "Jimmy"
          }
     ],
     "attachment": [
          {
               "url": "https://attachment.domain.com/myAttachmentFromUrl.jpg",
               "name": "myAttachment.jpg"
          }
     ],
     "templateId": 2
}

Also, this is the case when you are adding an attachment from your database:

1. template: Screenshot by Lightshot
  2. workflow: Screenshot by Lightshot
  3. result: Screenshot by Lightshot

And this is the case when you are adding the attachment from the frontend (page preview):

1. template: Screenshot by Lightshot
  2. workflow: Screenshot by Lightshot
  3. design: Screenshot by Lightshot
  4. result: Screenshot by Lightshot

In case you would like to add a real attachment, please note that it is not possible while using this plugin, because you have to convert it to base64 first (as this plugin does not convert it automatically).

You can use also Sendinblue’s doc hub to find the sandbox where you can compose the body for sending email/template actions:

As mentioned above, you need to convert them to base64 first or get URLs of the uploaded files , and include them in JSON body, following the provided example.

Hope it helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions related to our plugin, we will be glad to help.
Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport
I am using the plugin to send email from my own address which is great. Although, I am running in an issue for the reset password one. In the previous step, I have the bubble action for resetting the password and check the box to get the token only. In the Send SMtp email, I then input the link a href=‘websitehomeurl reset_pw/result of previous step’… Now when I test it, it says that my reset password is not valid and that I should ask for a new one. Anything I might be missing ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

@ZeroqodeSupport
Hi,

Is it possible to set up a ‘Repeat block’ with this plugin or am I doing something wrong?
I hope someone can help me here. I have created SendinBlue transactional template to confirm orders with the following details:

1. Repeat block:

{% for item in params. items %}
{% endfor %}

1. Parameters

2. Sendinblue - Send SMTP Mail + Template (advanced) backend workflow action where the items parameter has the ‘format as text’ operator on the list.

Everything works but the repeat block is not showing any data. I have checked Zero code’s Sendinblue plugin documentation and demo but there are no details on how to set up a repeat block. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Hi @mg1
Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, the “Repeat Block” feature is not yet supported by the plugin. We will investigate how feasible it would be to add it in the nearest future. Thank you for reporting it! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Thanks for your quick response. Sending repeating groups in an email, for i.e. order confirmations or products on sales, is a must and the very basics of transactional emails/marketing campaigns.

I am a little bit disapponited. I should have gone to the Bubble’s API Connector directly, lesson learnt indeed.

Hello @mg1

Since this is a free plugin, it may not have all the functionalities of the service it is representing. Still, we have added your request to the list of possible plugin improvements and once this feature will be available - we let you know.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I do understand. In all honesty, I have Zero Code highly regarded reason why I didn’t even think about the possibility of your plugin not having the repeat block feature. I guess commercial reasons come first after all!
I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out something that I thought it was a default. To me this has been the classical example of: When cheap becomes expensive.

Hi, just tried to use the + Template mode and can’t make my dynamic values show up in the email sent through Sendinblue. I’ve set up a placeholder on my Sendinblue template, like {{user.name}}, but don’t know how to pass a value to it. What are and how do I use params_user and params_count?

sendinblue

Hello @ricardo.rempel
Thanks for reaching out !

First of all, params_user and params_count are parameters in the template on the Sendinblue side. So, if you don’t have these parameters, you can use Sendinblue - Send SMTP Mail + Template (advanced) backend workflow action. You can add the sender name, reply_to name fields, and many more.

Also, the plugin is reacting to the param keywords in your template. For example, if you add the {{name}} parameter into your Sendinblue template and on the bubble app side will indicate the value for this parameter {“name”: “Current user’s name”}. You need to insert them into the body parameter into the Send Email + Template actions:

Summary

We recommend using JSON validator as it is more convenient to customize the JSON body parameters in there and validate them, than just typing into the “body" field https://jsonlint.com

Summary

Please follow the documentation (namely 4. Send SMTP Mail + Template), here: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/sendinblue-smtp-plugin

Hope it helps :pray:t2:

Best Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hello @mg1
Thanks for your patience.

We’ve checked the possibility regarding your request, but unfortunately, there is no option to add the “repeat block” feature. It’s only available on the SendinBlue side at the moment. Apologies for the inconvenience. :pray:t2:

In case you have any other questions about the plugin, please let us know. We will be glad to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team