Expression not recognizing second item as text

Hi everyone — I’m trying to write an expression that includes data from two items that are both type: text. I’m able to modify the first item, but not the second item, even though the second item is also type: text.

Here’s a screenshot — as you can see the “Result of Step 3 company” is type text, and I can use all these operators when it’s first in the expression:

But when I put it second in the expression, like in the screenshot below, I can only use these five operators:

Let me know if any thoughts — been wracking my head around this for a while :sweat_smile:

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying (or what you’re truing to do…)

Can you explain what you’re trying to do here?

Thanks for the quick reply! For sure.

Basically what I want to do is to only run that workflow step when the “Current User’s dream-company-2 domain” contains Result of step 3’s company**:lowercase**.

So in short, I want to add the :lowercase operator to the “Result of step 3” part of the expression, but I’m not given the option to do so (as shown in the second screenshot)

You might need to turn on the experimental parenthesis feature (or the new Beta expression builder)

Noted. I gave it a go but seemed like that feature as it stands today doesn’t quite get it done. Thanks though

It should be simple…

I’m still not sure I understand what the issue is here? Which bit isn’t working?

1 Like

You’re not being clear but it seems the 2 fields are not of same value. If you show the user and dataset for whatever step 3 is we may be able to understand what you’re asking

Apologies there —

My goal is to add the :lowercase operator to the “Result of step 3” part of the expression. I want to be able to do this when the “Result of step 3” part of the expression is second (after the “Current User” part) in the order.

Here’s an example: When the “Result of Step 3” part of the expression is first in the order (like in the screenshot below), I have the option in the dropdown to add the :lowercase operator:

But when the “Result of Step 3” part of the expression is second in the order (see yellow text in the screenshot below this text), I don’t have the option in the dropdown to add the :lowercase operator anymore. Here’s the screenshot of that:

As you can see in this^ screenshot directly above, the “Result of step 3” part of the expression is second and the only options in the dropdown I have are the 5 operators in the screenshot, non of which are the :lowercase operator.

I think the reason for that is maybe when you use the “contains” comparison you become unable to modify the second text item in the expression? Anyways, please let me know if any thoughts :slight_smile:

I already told you…

You need to enable the experimental parenthesis feature (or Beta expression builder) in order to be able to do this.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.