Forum Documentation Showcase Pricing Learn more

Extracting a "hashtag"

What I would like to do is take an input field that contains a hashtag … and save the hastag as a separate thing.

So “This is a #blue ball” would create a thing with the name of blue and link it to the main thing I am creating.

I can sort of simulate this by using the “extract” function for email alias. So “This is a [email protected] ball” does what I want. I so think it could be done ?

But what I would really like to do would be able to do is take…

“This is a #blue and #red ball”

…and be able to extract “blue” and “red”. And create things where they don’t already exist, and then add them to a list of hashtags on the thing.

Handling hash tags is actually a feature, our word processing options are probably not the best for that. We could add something to extract, but that wouldn’t do the blue red case. If that’s becoming an issue let us know what you’re trying to do.

OK, thanks.

Hashtags are ideal (as it keeps the UI simpler), but for now I really just need to be able to add multiple words as “categories” to something.

So a way to get an array of keywords…

keywords = [ “text1”, “text2”, “text3”, “text4”, “text5” ] etc

But even with that I can’t find a way to separate out “red green blue” into three words.

I could have three inputs…but that looks a bit of a mess.

1 Like