Facebook and Linked in links do not open app

Hello,

I have social media links on my home page. Twitter and Instagram opens the apps for the user, but Facebook and Linkedin open the web browser versions.

Is there a way to change this so that the Facebook and LinkedIn links also opens their apps?

Thank you,

Hey there :wave:

I was just doing a little research for you, hope this might help:

FOR FACEBOOK: Correct way in 2018 to open Facebook app via website link? - Stack Overflow

If the device is Android, use:

fb://facewebmodal/

And if it’s iOS, use:

fb://page/PAGEID

If you do it automatically you need to detect the device first and then redirect to the appropriate link.

FOR LINKEDIN: URL Scheme for Linkedin - Stack Overflow

Linkedin has changed the scheme, now it works in this way:

linkedin://profile/[id]

Want to learn more?

www.nocodeminute.com

Presenting

Hope that helps! :blush:

1 Like

You are amazing. This worked perfectly for Facebook. I’m assuming it will work for Linkedin as well.

I only tested it on iOS and desktop so far, by creating conditionals within the link.

I had to use the platform plugin to grab the operating system and then reference this within the link’s conditional to say "if device’s operating system family is iOS open fb://page/PAGEID. Worked like a charm.

Thank you very much. I’ll let you know if I have anymore questions.

1 Like

Glad that worked for you! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Yeah it was super helpful.

I did run into some issues with Android devices for facebook. It seems there are issues with how the links display facebook pages, no headers or like button. However, believe if I keep digging I’ll figure it out. If you have any tips on that I’d appreciate it but if not thanks again for all your help.

1 Like

Yeah. I haven’t done it before. Hope you can get it sorted. Post back here when you get it working so others can benefit from it too in the future. :blush:

2 Likes