False language detection

Hey Everyone,

One of my projects has started prompting me with the language translation option every time I refresh the page.

The page is in English (not Arabic), so I’m not sure what is prompting Chrome to keep suggesting this.

I currently have some lorum ipsum on the page, but that’s the only non-English part.

The only thing I can think of is if a plugin is triggering this behaviour.

Is there any way of detecting which element might be prompting Chrome to think this is in another language other than English? Almost like an “inspect element” type thing that helps me find which element/plugin/text is causing this?

Much appreciated!

Hi there.

The usual way would be to check out the meta tags section on the page in HTML heading which would be like this, where the language represents the site language that Chrome will understand:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en_US" />

But since we’re talking Bubble here, maybe you could look at some of your plugins, and there is one that you’re actually using that is translating somewhere or app settings used as a multi-language page.

Otherwise, you could add a meta tag in head so that Google will stop prompt translation, should help. See docs here.
Taken from google documentation:

<meta name="googlebot" content="notranslate">

Thank you for the detailed reply. Will definitely try those steps. Much appreciated.