Fastest way to set my worflows

Hello :slight_smile:

I’m looking for a fastest way to build my workflows.

I’m building a game where each player receive his mission by sms (with ClickSend). In this text message, there is their mission and their target (wich is an other player).

I built my app to allow anybody to create a new game. When a user create a new game, he can add players with their phone number.

At this moment, I set up a workflow only for 3 or 4 players, like this :

First workflow :

When “Start game” is clicked and only when # of players is 3 :

1. Send sms to player 1, with this text message " Your target is “search for players’s name item 2” and your mission is “search for missions’mission item 2”.
  2. Send sms to player 2, with this text message " Your target is “search for players’s name item 3” and your mission is “search for missions’mission item 3”.
  3. Send sms to player 3, with this text message " Your target is “search for players’s name item 1” and your mission is “search for missions’mission item 1”.

Second workflow :

When “Start game” is clicked and only when # of players is 4 :

1. Send sms to player 1, with this text message " Your target is “search for players’s name item 2” and your mission is “search for missions’mission item 2”.
  2. Send sms to player 2, with this text message " Your target is “search for players’s name item 3” and your mission is “search for missions’mission item 3”.
  3. Send sms to player 3, with this text message " Your target is “search for players’s name item 4” and your mission is “search for missions’mission item 4”.
  4. Send sms to player 4, with this text message " Your target is “search for players’s name item 1” and your mission is “search for missions’mission item 1”.

And it works, but I would like to set up my app to allow users to create games for 200 players. I can do this for 200 players, but it’s gonna be so long and if I need to modify something it’s gonna be crasy !

So my question is before I start to go on this way : is there a fastest / better way ?

Thank you

Idriss

If you’re just going to iterate by 1 every time and not deviate then you’d be a lot better to use a plugin for this, like the List Shifter plugin @ https://bubble.io/plugin/list-shifter-karma-ware-1557241599197x311227033793855500

You could set the list and then run the Send SMS workflow action in an ITERATE workflow event, this will then run through the list of users and perform the action of sending the message for each one.

Hi @talkingoldfish

Thank you very much it works !

I can send sms to different personns as I wanted. I’ve still have a issue to iterate the content of the message. But I’m working on it.

Idriss