Feature Request: Wf Action To Save Dynamic Page URL, As Defined In Sitemap

It would be good to have an action that saves/accesses the dynamic page readable url with the readable url field incorporated into it.

Create thing > make changes to thing > direct link to step 1 thing = XYZ.com/page/readableurltext/uniqueid

Bubble changes characters in the readable URL field if they don’t conform to URL standards, such as / changes to _ so it would be important to have an output accessible within a workflow action that has the same dynamic sitemap URL for that things corresponding page. This way it can be saved to the database.

1 Like

I haven’t done this yet as I am not there yet with my development, but I have been doing some things to help with this when the time is right for me…can’t tell from experience if it will work or not.

I have most of my data types use a field of slug…used as you probably know to create the readable url

I am assuming you could just use the idea at the time the thing is created to combine the website home url with the slug associated with the dynamic page URL

I believe my example will be basic compared to what would be needed in reality but creating a thing called “URL” and then saving something like below:

Or are you saying that on saving to the database bubble is changing a “/” to “_”, which would make my suggestion not work since the database entry wouldn’t have the “/”?