Filtered: sorted by No Results displayed

Hi

I have been struggling with what I assume would be logical functionality.

I have a repeating group that is set to display the search results. This R.G. has filters attached to the search, which function fine. However, when I want to sort the results, I get no results displayed.

I have attempted this a couple of ways.

Any ideas if this is a known issue or is there possibly something wrong with my logic here?

I also tried to do this outside of the condition parameters and set it on the original search and I got results to display, however they were not sorted correctly.

Any input would be helpful.

Cheers
Hello,

Sorry you’re experiencing an unexpected behavior. The general rule with the Bug category is as follow:

  1. If you’re not sure it’s a bug, and want confirmation from the community, please go ahead and post here
  2. If you’re 100% sure this is a bug, because you see a message ‘We’ve hit a temporary bug’ or if an action never ends, go straight to our Bug Report Form, it’s a better way to tell us about the issue so that w can fix it.

Sorry about the bug!

Hi @boston85719,

Have you taken a look at the debugger using Inspect? It allows you to drill into the results and see how the data source is being set. You’ll also be able to see which conditions are evaluating to true – by the way, if more than one condition is true and they have conflicting settings, tbe last one wins.

Hi @mebeingken

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t taken the time yet to really understand the debugger. At this point I should stop putting it off, as it more than likely will save me a lot of time.

I will go through things beginning of the week to try and figure it out.

Cheers

Great, jump right in… You can’t break anything there! :-). There is a ton of information in there that can quickly highlight problems. In this case, you’ll be able to see what exactly the data source is being set to by drilling down on that element.

@mebeingken

Got into the debugger. Didn’t break anything, in fact, I fixed something.

Took a little bit to get to know how it worked, red letters usually indicated something was wrong. Overall thanks for the advice.

I suggest anybody having issues to look at the debugger to figure out what is not happening as you suspect. Also, if you are working with custom states, make a text field display the custom state setting on the page so you could quickly check if it is being set correctly. This helped me verify what was wrong in conjunction with looking at the debugger.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.